How to configure Android Google/QuickMemo+ Menu? LG Optimus F60 MetroPCS

sharprez

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Happy Holidays all!

I've actually researched this one quite a bit, and I have yet to find an answer. If you like a challenge, here it is.

I have the LG Optimus F60 MetroPCS (MS395) cell phone, it has been unlocked, and I use Cricket Wireless service with it. The phone is working perfectly, and I have no complaints.

The feature I am asking about has to do with the menu you view when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen (almost anywhere). I'm not sure if this feature is specific to the F60, or Android 4.4.2 OS. The menu appears as a white line arc (rainbow), and there is a 'dotted' shadow under the finger press on the screen. Two white dots appear on the arc, one on the left, and one on the right. The one on the left says Google, and the one on the right is an icon of a pad and pen for QuickMemo+. The dots are buttons to launch the respective apps.

The question is actually multiple questions. Here they are;
_ What is this menu called?
_ How is it configured? (can it be turned off? add/remove buttons?)
_ Is it introduced by LG or Android (Google)?
_ Where is the documentation for it?

I really did look for the answer to this issue, below is an excerpt of my chat transcript with LG. They acknowledge it is there, but have no information about it.

Any information would be appreciated. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading my post.

LG Support Chat Transcript Excerpt:
Time of chat: 12/24/2014 1:46:52 PM
Length of chat: 00:22:58
Chatted with: Victor
1:46 PM Victor: Hello. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
1:48 PM Me: I have a question about my new Optimus f60 cell phone
1:49 PM Me: there is a menu you can get to by swiping up from the bottom of the screen... when you swipe, it shows google and quickmemo+.... how can I configure this menu?
1:50 PM Victor: Let me see what I can do to assist you with this.
1:51 PM Me: I can send you an image of the menu I'm talking about.. its hard to describe unless you know its there.
1:51 PM Victor: Give me a moment please.
1:51 PM Me: ok, np
2:00 PM Victor: Unfortunately, the information from that menu cannot be altered.
2:01 PM Me: where does it come from?
2:01 PM Victor: Meaning that it does not have a way to configure what is already on there.
2:01 PM Me: what app creates that menu?
2:01 PM Victor: it is part of the phone pre-installed software.
2:02 PM Me: which pre-installed app?
2:02 PM Victor: It doesn't mention the name of application or data that reigns over it.
2:02 PM Me: what is that menu called?
2:03 PM Victor: Let me check if it has a name for it.
2:06 PM Victor: Thank you for your patience. I see that this feature does not have a name. You can refer to it like a feature or gesture that comes with the phone.
2:08 PM Me: conclusion... feature in the phone, no documentation or name for it. No way to control (on/off configuration)
2:08 PM Victor: That's right.
2:08 PM Me: okay... thanks for trying.
2:09 PM Victor: You're welcome.

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2014-12-23-16-54-58.png
    QuickMemo+_2014-12-23-16-54-58.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 13

sharprez

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
You are off topic. Ya, 4G LTE on display, speed test confirm fast speeds. I had cricket service before I bought the phone, I unlocked the phone, manually trim the chip to fit. It works great no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez