LG Stylo 2 Randomly Restarts and Hangs

galaxynerf

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I just recently upgraded from a Kyocera Hydro to the LG Stylo 2 about 2-3 weeks ago. The past week or so the phone has randomly shutoff and refused to turn back on, or would restart and hang half way through. Every time (It's happened 3 times - once last week, once yesterday, and about an hour ago) I've had to pull the battery and put it back in to get it to boot. I tried to research and I've come to a bunch of stuff like a bad sd card or a bad app, and I'm 95% sure it isn't a bad app, as all the apps I have are the same ones I had used on the Kyocera apart from 1 or 2 apps. If it is the sd, I don't if I was a way to easily reset it, since my pc doesn't support micro sd, and I'm not sure how I would do that on the phone, as I'm still adjusting from Android KitKat to Android Marshmallow. I'm going to my local Boost store tomorrow to see what they say, but at the same time I wanted to check here as well.

Thanks in advance~:p

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
So to begin it is probably a bad SD Card. I've had this issue before. I just formatted my SD Card (Wipes everything off it!) Go to settings, scroll to storage, click on storage, click on SD Card, a menu will pop up and in the top right corner click the 3 dots, you should see a new menu with eject & format, hit format and follow the steps. And just in case I also did a factory data reset. Then my issues cleared up. Also have you updated to Android 7.0 Nougat yet? It has been released for the Sprint, Boost, & Virgin Mobile LG Stylo 2 variants. I hope this helps. :)

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. They're behind! And last year they were first to update the original LG G Stylo to Marshmallow 6.0. I wonder what's taking them so long??

MrZuLu

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
LG Stylo 2 ver 5.1.1

Hi! My name is Michael. Not really new. Just haven't posted for awhile. You know hiw life is.

Ok... I want my phone OFF ALL NIGHT! That 'do not disturb' thing fails no matter what I tell it. Is there anyway to ANNIALATE that stupid vibration TOTALLY as well?

It's an LG Stylo 2 ver 5.1.1 - But this issue has been universal with every lame brained smart phone I've owned...

Am I barking up a tree. Am even in a forest? I am not understanding something about smart phones. I am a computer tech. This does not compute!

I don't have computer right now so rooting hasn't been exactly available to me. At this point I'm a farmer now. Life got in the way. That said I may be just rambling...

I live right on the edge of the grid in northern cal so library is not readily available... It's actually amazing I can get cellular connection out here. The phone for most part is great. Perfectly funtional for my needs and music sounds wonderful with Bluetooth JBL speakers. Except being on in AM after turning off.

Is removing battery the only real option?

Michael

Last edited: