Battery paranoid

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I really can't explain it this is the first phone that I've ever owned that I didn't have an extended battery for it I'm constantly finding places to plug my phone up so it doesn't run out of juice. I may need to seek professional counseling. I even have any 12000 milliamp battery in my backpack in case of an emergency. But even that doesn't matter.

Posted via the Android Central App

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You have to be that way with this phone. Battery life is atrocious imo. I'm hoping it will be better when Android doze shows up on marshmallow but even on standby this thing is terrible

xboxonthego3

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
You have to be that way with this phone. Battery life is atrocious imo. I'm hoping it will be better when Android doze shows up on marshmallow but even on standby this thing is terrible

I would agree battery life is not the best. But I find standby fantastic. But I came from an ICON and the standby was dreadfull for me. Probably depends on each users background tasks.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

What is atrocious battery life? Only had the phone for 2 days and this was my first day without spending to much time setting things up.

I was at 10h45m up time, 4h40m SOT with 23% left when I put it on the charger earlier.

That's very similar performance to my G4 and I consider that pretty darn good.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was speaking of no matter what phone I had In the past. I hated to have to think about charging a phone during the day. I would have rather dealt with a brick ie. extended battery than a sleek new phone that I had to charge a couple of times a day. I'm sure there's a medical condition concerning this...

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Totally understand. Why not get an extended battery for the V10? I'm using one on the G4 and love it.

Last edited:

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same exact way. And to the guy that asked me what atrocious battery life is: 50-60 percent remaining at lunchtime with 1 hour screen on time and maybe 30 min of music playing is atrocious. I've checked for rogue apps and done 2 factory resets. That's atrocious. The same use puts me around 85 percent on my 6p, and at the end of the day around 70 on the 6p and 40 or under on the v10

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm the same exact way. And to the guy that asked me what atrocious battery life is: 50-60 percent remaining at lunchtime with 1 hour screen on time and maybe 30 min of music playing is atrocious. I've checked for rogue apps and done 2 factory resets. That's atrocious. The same use puts me around 85 percent on my 6p, and at the end of the day around 70 on the 6p and 40 or under on the v10

I don't think comparing a Nexus device with bare bones android and no carrier/manuf bloat to an LG with all the manufacturer apps running in the background is a fair judge of battery life. Let me root (I wish!) and remove all this LG and AT&T bloat and then try it. I look forward to the day I can root this...if it ever comes.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
That's not good, you either have a rogue app or bad signal. Past two days I got 24 hours with 3 SOT and the day before that 4 SOT with 20 hours that's with my brightness at 75%. Make sure you disable all the bloat and if you still have a problem see what app is keeping your phone awake. LG devices usually get really good battery life.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

There's no way that is standard battery life for this phone. Something is up... Cell reception is bad, location, Android system or OS has gone rogue, etc.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Totally understand. Why not feet get an extended battery for the V10? I'm using one on the G4 and love it.

I'm scouring the internet daily for the main company's I've dealt with in the past for an extended battery. But this time I'm not going to turn my phone in to a 6 pound weight for a battery. If nothing looks good I will be content to swap battery's daily.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel ya. Even though I consider myself a moderate user, I'm still OCD on my battery status at all times. Not sure why it irks me so much whenever I happen to dip below 50%.

Honestly, for those like me, having the removable battery is such a godsend. The design and ease of the promo battery charging cradle (and spare), just makes it so simple. Popping the back of the V10 is such an easy affair, and walking up to the cradle and performing the swap literally takes 10 seconds.

No amount of fast charging compares to that.