2nd battery charging question...

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I received my battery promo and I was wondering. I usually don't use a second battery but was thinking about charging it and keeping it handy. Was curious though, Will it drain over time? Will it harm the battery charging it and not using it until it drains? Thank you

MarkOden

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
With the second battery I have cut myself free from being tethered to the charger. Instead, it's the battery charger that is attached to the wall outlet. I swap out the battery when the phone shows the level around 5%.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
With the second battery I have cut myself free from being tethered to the charger. Instead, it's the battery charger that is attached to the wall outlet. I swap out the battery when the phone shows the level around 5%.

this is what I used to do with my Note 4, and will plan on doing with my V10 when I get my spare tonight.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I used to be the same way about swapping batteries. Mainly the wear and tear on the battery plate. The good thing is that all the parts are replaceable. It's one of the best things about this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I do not have a case. But I am putting a case in the LG G3 that my son is getting, and it has a spare battery. Will probably be a pain to swap.

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I carry the battery and case when I am going out with a less than full battery. I have only swapped it out once or twice. This last time I swapped it out when the phone shut down but the charger case seems to have a problem charging the dead battery. I had it plugged into a Ventev wall wart all night and most of the night it seemed to be flashing yellow. Reseat the cable and it goes red for a while before flashing yellow again. I gave up this morning with the Venetev and plugged the stock LG charger that came with the phone. I'll see what the status is when I get home this evening.

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Be careful with an extra battery. I bought one and it started to mess my phone up. It started to lag BAD. But as for the case I have the oblique case and it's perfect for slipping on and off to access the battery.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I just hate to keep taking the case and back off once or twice day.

I agree. I do swap out my battery daily but lately I've been wondering about the repercussions of doing this. Is the back getting extra wear and tear from being taken off daily? What about the phone? I get the "Android is starting up" screen occasionally, that seems odd. I dont know....this is the first phone I've ever swapped battery out this often and the back IS very easy to get off and put back on. I just hope its ok to do this daily for 2 years!

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Why would that be a bad idea? I've carried a spare battery in my wallet for years. Of course I keep my wallet in my front pocket if that makes a differece..

When I had my Note 3, they shipped my spare battery with a thin LDPE case that snapped closed around the battery. I was able to slip it in my back pocket when I went places where I thought I'd need it. With the V10, I don't have that, so I've found myself toting my spare battery around inside the charger (which is significantly bigger, but I don't want to carry a naked battery).

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I swap out my battery weekly to keep them both fresh. If you never use your second battery then it will eventually discharge itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38