AirDrive not working

Cliffv

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

Long time reader first time poster.

I'm a new owner of a V10, having upgraded from a Samsung S4 and I'm having an issue with connecting my phone to my PC using AirDrive. Some information pertaining to my devices: LG V10 Model LGH900 with Android 5.1.1, Dell PC with Windows 7.

Following the instructions provided on the LG website, I downloaded the LG Bridge software and installed.
LG Bridge, on my PC, will not accept my gmail address, had to use an email address not at all associated with my device.
LG Bridge, on my phone, will not accept my gmail address, had to use an email address not at all associated with my device.
Attempts to connect to my phone via AirDrive on my PC gives me an note stating: "Cannot manage your device. Try again later."
On the bottom of the LG Bridge window there is a greyed out line stating: "No mobile device connected."
On my phone under settings>Networks>connectivity>share & connect>connection>LG AirDrive it shows the same email address that I've entered for LG AirBridge on my PC and says "Not connected."

Some things I've tried:
Connecting via USB and selecting Media device (MTP) with no success.
If I select Send Images (PTP) under USB PC Connection, the phone is recognized by the PC but will not transfer any data other than pictures (obviously).
I've tried to setup AirBridge on my phone using my gmail address but it would not accept it saying that it does not comply to the terms of service.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there any other settings that I need to check to get this thing working? Is there another method of moving files back and forth between my phone and PC?

TL : DR -- Airdrive will not connect phone to PC to transfer data.

Thanks!

Cliff

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, if I read your concern correctly, you are trying to connect your v10 to your pc. I'm not familiar with the app you're using, but I can recommend you try AIRDROID PREMIUM. This app is amazing. I've got it on my macbook pro, macbook air, samsung galaxy note 4,note 8 tablet, galaxy s6 edge, and lg v10. I can, quite literally, sync anything anytime regardless of the size of the file, wirelessly. Thats how I load my hd movies that i download onto my laptops or tablet to my phones. Hope you take a look at this app.

Posted via Android Central App

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
LG Bridge and AirDrive are LG-proprietary software, FREE for LG owners, to do the file sharing that AirDroid Premium offers.

It's quite simple to use. I don't understand why his setup doesn't work. Set up an account with LG using LG Bridge with an email/password, and log in to AirDrive on the phone using the same email/password--and voila, the phone appears as a shared drive on your PC (Mac, in my case).

No $$$ required. And it works simply and easily. You can even choose to make the connection using cellular, instead of wifi, data.

Cliffv

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback guys.

It was my understanding that it was a no brainer but has turned into a real challenge for me. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out.

Regards,

Cliff

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If you have the Verizon model (as do I), they removed the feature(s) so you can experience the value of plugging into your computer.

augeydoggy

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I tried Airdroid, supposedly the best, and it wouldn't connect over wifi. I also tried with USB via the "non-rooted" process, no luck. But after uninstalling Bridge and Airdroid, Windows suddenly recognized the phone on USB and I can transfer files back and forth in File Explorer. Of course, bloody Microsoft keeps trying to get me to sign into my Live account and get all their wonderful goodies - at this rate they are going to be worse than Apple.

Cliffv

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I've still been unable to use the Air Drive feature but finally got my phone to connect via USB.
I was having similar issues to augeydoggy until I deleted the existing driver on my PC and plugging in the phone via USB again. Once I plugged the phone back in the driver reloaded and I could transfer files via USB.
Concerning the Air Drive problems I'm having, I sent a note to LG and I'm eagerly awaiting a response.

Cliff

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've used ES-explorer for years without any issues on several phones. Have links to several computers and cloud storages. All over wifi.

axenstarr

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Air drive with the LG g5 does not work. I have tried it on three pc's 2 windows 10 and one windows 7 in 32 and 64 bit OS's... not that it matters. Does anyone know another free method for this? Other than usb which is slow and has a hard time working too.

thanks.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Air drive with the LG g5 does not work. I have tried it on three pc's 2 windows 10 and one windows 7 in 32 and 64 bit OS's... not that it matters. Does anyone know another free method for this? Other than usb which is slow and has a hard time working too.

thanks.

Does it like it does me and you log in with your credentials but then it goes back to the login screen without doing much?

Carol Jacobs-Carre

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Mine used to work but suddenly stopped and I can't sign in either. The old LG sync never failed. This doesn't work on any thing I have so I assume it is disabled in the phone (AT&T))

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey, check it out. Earlier this week AirDrive didn't work for me on my Mac; Bridge just crashed abnormally.

But thanks to ralfguy! When I tried it just now AirDrive said there was an update. And so it all works now.