Extended battery for the LG V10 that does not require an extended case or back to good to be true?

A

AC Question

extended battery for the lg v10 that does not require an extended case or back to good to be true?

I have come across several batteries on Ebay claiming to be 3700-3900Mah that fit inside a v10 without a case or extended back.... are these too good to be true?

One is called Deep Stretch another is called "TQTHL"

Thanks

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: extended battery for the lg v10 that does not require an extended case or back to good to be tru

Some companies have figured out how to tweak the chemistry or design to fit a higher capacity in the same size battery. I believe Seidio is one of the reputable ones that has done this, I believe I had one of theirs with my HTC Thunderbolt. I don't see any of theirs for the V10 (or ANY phone for that matter).

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Interesting... I would question its ability to hold the full charge. Self-discharge characteristics are almost always a problem when batteries are updated (drastically) for higher capacity within the same size volume.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased one of each to test them out. I will report back after I get them and play with them a bit.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Awesome!! thanks for taking one for the team!! I was reading up on a few TQTHL battery discussions with older LG phones and the results were very mixed.

Is there an app that measures actual ampere-hour storage capacity?
If you could also bench-mark your current OEM battery too that would be great.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: extended battery for the lg v10 that does not require an extended case or back to good to be tru

I just purchased the Powerbear 6500 mah battery works well but the rubber outer case is junk. Will not fit correctly

Posted via the Android Central App

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I just purchased the Powerbear 6500 mah battery works well but the rubber outer case is junk. Will not fit correctly

That's funny. I had exactly the oposite experience. The case fit fine for me, but the battery was junk. I was getting about half the SOT that I had gotten from the standard battery. I probably had a dud, but I returned it and didn't get a replacement.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So, I used each battery for a couple of days. I wanted to give them each a fair try.

Both are pretty unreliable. Generally speaking they don't hold a charge very well, and my SOT is a bit worse than it was before.

I would say don't bother with either one.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I just got this battery kit. The case doesn't fit all the way around, as you said, leaving the metal on the side exposed. The back cover doesn't completely seal on one bottom edge. However, after completely charging, the battery lasted all day and still had 23% left when I finally turned the phone off. That's after pretty heavy use. I'll have to see how good it performs after a couple of chargings. The initial discharge was about the same as the stock battery. But after several hours, it discharged much slower. We'll see. But the problem with the cover not sealing completely is an issue that shouldn't exist. This needs to be corrected by the manufacturer/seller.

NOTE: The back cover now has seemed to completely sealed. However, the case still doesn't fit on left side of the phone.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I just got this battery kit. The case doesn't fit all the way around, as you said, leaving the metal on the side exposed. The back cover doesn't completely seal on one bottom edge. However, after completely charging, the battery lasted all day and still had 23% left when I finally turned the phone off. That's after pretty heavy use. I'll have to see how good it performs after a couple of chargings. The initial discharge was about the same as the stock battery. But after several hours, it discharged much slower. We'll see. But the problem with the cover not sealing completely is an issue that shouldn't exist. This needs to be corrected by the manufacturer/seller.

NOTE: The back cover now has seemed to completely sealed. However, the case still doesn't fit on left side of the phone.

I tried to contact Powerbear but can't seem to actually email/speak to someone who can help.
On a different note I wonder if another case ie. Otterbox Defender would work with the PB battery.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I tried to contact Powerbear but can't seem to actually email/speak to someone who can help.
On a different note I wonder if another case ie. Otterbox Defender would work with the PB battery.

Hard to say if another case would work. It's not so bad a fit that I'm willing to spend another $30+ to see. I'm just using the case that came with the battery. It's not really awful, just not and exact fit.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Hard to say if another case would work. It's not so bad a fit that I'm willing to spend another $30+ to see. I'm just using the case that came with the battery. It's not really awful, just not and exact fit.

True just aggravating that a company will not make a product that fits correctly. I would be willing to pay more for a higher quality product

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That is frustrating; I am a stickler for products to do exactly what they are advertised to do....with rarely any exceptions.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

True just aggravating that a company will not make a product that fits correctly. I would be willing to pay more for a higher quality product

The problem is with the company that made the case. The battery seems to work just fine. It's a shame to have a good product be taken down a notch or two due to a faulty accessory.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site

Just a comment, LG really dropped the ball with the stock cell that's only 3,000 mAh. that's on a device that has increased drain due to the higher resolution screen 2560x1440 vs. 1920 HD.
It needs a battery easily twice that size, personally I run a 9,000 mAh ZeroLemon that makes it look like a brick. It is however a very inefficient design, half the space inside the backcover is empty. I think LG could have designed a much higher battery cell and made it flatter than the current ZeroLemon options.

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site

Do you like your 9000 mah battery? I realize it is huge. I was going to get this. I figure I already drag around an external battery and cord.

Tran Trung Le

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

Just a comment, LG really dropped the ball with the stock cell that's only 3,000 mAh. that's on a device that has increased drain due to the higher resolution screen 2560x1440 vs. 1920 HD.
It needs a battery easily twice that size, personally I run a 9,000 mAh ZeroLemon that makes it look like a brick. It is however a very inefficient design, half the space inside the backcover is empty. I think LG could have designed a much higher battery cell and made it flatter than the current ZeroLemon options.
Hi, could you please share some pictures of this?
I am studying to buy this item from amazon also but need more advices :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45