Who makes the best tempered glass screen protector?

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine just cracked, at first I panicked thinking it was the screen but it's just the glass protector.

I am not sure what the brand name is of what I have.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the Spigen 9H. It's covers the entire screen perfectly. I've had the others with the cut out for the front cameras with and without the wing that goes around them and totally dislike how they wear and collect dust and lint.

Posted via the Android Central App

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I have broken two yugio, or yuugio or something like that from amazon. Their customer service was spectacular. Responded back within a couple hours and sent out new ones. But possibly steer clear. I do love my spigen case though. Only complaint is that the backside did scratch very easily... But it has protected the phone from falls and has a cool kickstand.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I got a Supershieldz and discovered a huge spec of dust between the protector and the plastic sheet you remove. On the side that has the adhesive on it. Something that was already there before I peeled it off. Not something that came after I peeled it off.

I attempted to remove it with compressed air and only made it worse, attempted to clean it off with the provided cloth and cracked the entire protector. So upsetting.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a Supershieldz and discovered a huge spec of dust between the protector and the plastic sheet you remove. On the side that has the adhesive on it. Something that was already there before I peeled it off. Not something that came after I peeled it off.

I attempted to remove it with compressed air and only made it worse, attempted to clean it off with the provided cloth and cracked the entire protector. So upsetting.

They are a pretty reputable company, maybe they can help you? Contact Us

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Just curious...I am getting a different V10 from AT&T under warranty due to a overheating issue. Can the tempered glass screen be removed at put on another phone or do I have to order a new one?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Just curious...I am getting a different V10 from AT&T under warranty due to a overheating issue. Can the tempered glass screen be removed at put on another phone or do I have to order a new one?

If you are really careful you can. The hard part is getting it off without leaving dirt on it where you first try to lift it

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If you are really careful you can. The hard part is getting it off without leaving dirt on it where you first try to lift it

Maybe I'll give it a try using tweezers. Worse case is I have to buy a new one.

NCGolfer

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I installed a PLESON tempered glass protector and so far so good. Fit was perfect and installation simple. It does have a cutout for the camera lenses but it's an oval, not a tab or 'wing', so not likely to snag something and break.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I did this with my moto360 watch... I placed the protector crooked and off center. It was easy given how small it is compared to a phone though.
I got it off and on my new phone okay for the most part. It cracked just a little in the upper right corner where I pulled it off and has a couple of small air pockets at the bottom where the sticky stuff got worn but seems pretty good other than that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer