AT&T V10 not texting properly

Phillip DeVore

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
On any app. Will not send some. Will not receive some. Quite haphazard and non-specific as to which ones it feels like dropping.
Tried Stock, Google Messenger, Hangouts, mysms.

And, of course, it is now OOW. The three worst letters in the tech industry.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T V10 not texting properly

I tried Textra and haven't looked back. I also had problems with AT&T.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
This is the most painful question I have ever asked but....have you tried calling AT&T tech support? They will still attempt to help you regardless of the warranty on the phone. This sounds like a carrier issue to me.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
So everything works except SMS for the most part? Worst case scenario perhaps, backup and do a hard reset and see if that resolves the issues. I did that once a while back and it improved the performance and fixed an issue or 2 I was having. Been great since.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So everything works except SMS for the most part? Worst case scenario perhaps, backup and do a hard reset and see if that resolves the issues. I did that once a while back and it improved the performance and fixed an issue or 2 I was having. Been great since.
Just curious...by hard reset do you mean factory reset? Just wondering if there may be some different reset method I'm missing to hopefully improve battery life.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah sorry Hard reset = Factory reset. I wouldn't expect big battery life gains unless you had some software issues causing excess drain that get resolved by a reset. In fact after a point, battery life is bound to get slowly worse as the battery loses it's optimal capacity over time from usage/time.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My wife has a v10 and I have a v20, both on AT&T. For some on AT&T using stock meassaging, the problem lies in AT&T's Advanced Messaging. You can tell if you have it on because it lets you see if someone read your message, when they are typing, etc. We both were having missing texts and messages not sending which is bad as we communicate for work as well through text. By going into the settings of the messaging app we turned this off and it immediately stopped the issues for us. AT&T said this was a newer feature with bugs and they had hoped to have them resolved by beginning of year. We haven't tried it again since end of last year.

Phillip DeVore

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I wish my V10 would allow me that courtesy. Every time I turn off advanced messaging and close the app, it will pop open telling me that I NEED to turn on advanced messaging to take advantage of all the features that the service provides.

And if I hit the menu square and clear everything, when I open whatever text app I am giving a try, the pop up appears that says I have to turn on advanced messaging appears again. It will not take no for an answer.

And our buddies at LG have tried making it go away.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
In Settings > Default Message App you have Textra or whatever 'other' sms app you are trying to use selected?