Something is seriously wrong with my V10

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had this phone for over a year now. Like many of you I've had battery life issues. I've factory reset the device many times and no permanent fix. I noticed that I basically have to have location services OFF to get decent battery life. Otherwise I see android system surge to top of battery chart with all day on GPS usage (i've seen it hit 10hrs...). I've seen this even with no additional apps other than stock installed. Whats puzzling is I have a LG Gpad X 8.0, with LTE enabled, and I got the EXACT same apps installed (on purpose). I leave location services enabled with that and I've never had run away GPS. Battery life is awesome. My V10 refuses to perform this way. I figured it's a OS level bug or hardware. Recently things got worse. During normal usage (web browsing etc) power button and surrounding get hot. And by hot I mean too warm to comfortably touch (not exaggerating...). System monitor app showed temps for internals pushing 80c. Battery wasn't quite as high though. I had same thing happen today. Not even 1hr of SoT but my battery is down to 33 percent. I looked into stats to see what's going on. Android system sits at top once again. What confuses me though is it claims GPS usage time of over 8hrs. Not sure how this is possible because I have location services completely disabled. Has been for days at least. I'll try another factory reset, but after doing 4 of them plus messing around in safe mode I doubt it'll help any. Has anyone else seen android sysem use excessive GPS, even with location disabled? My wife's V10 always has location on, and she sees 4hrs SoT consistently. Phone is fully updated, not rooted, and always in strong signal area with good LTE speeds. (T-mobile)

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Nope mine behaves like your wifes phone. Mine is fairly old too, bought in Dec 2015. Sounds like somethings busted, turning off location services should terminate all that.

SquishyGirl83

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Sounds similar to how mine was acting before it boot-looped. Battery life started to get really terrible (like 2 hours on a full charge with normal usage) and the power button getting uncomfortably warm. I was right in the middle of catching an Ursaring and bam, boot loop. My phone was manufactured in Dec 15. I sent in to LG, had to pay $153 for a cracked screen and a full refurbish.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I was afraid of this. Oddly enough the device doesn't always do it. Today for instance it's worked fine, and battery life is ok (not great but not awful). I'm waiting for the S8 to be officially announced. Might trade my device in for that before it does completely. Crossing my fingers for the rumored DAC upgrade to be true. That's the reason I didn't get the s7 edge when it was on deep sale. God awful DAC.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I was afraid of this. Oddly enough the device doesn't always do it. Today for instance it's worked fine, and battery life is ok (not great but not awful). I'm waiting for the S8 to be officially announced. Might trade my device in for that before it does completely. Crossing my fingers for the rumored DAC upgrade to be true. That's the reason I didn't get the s7 edge when it was on deep sale. God awful DAC.
My V10 acts just like yours. Randomly it starts having miserable battery drain just laying there all day on a weekend.
Android System keeps the while busy as heck all day then for no reason.
Sometimes it helps if I turn off location, wait a few seconds and turn it back on. This started after the first update from AT&T back in October or so.
I have seen under Location Menu that LG IMS is always high battery use, whatever LG IMS is.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
IMS stands for IP Multimedia Subsystem. It defines how to deliver voice and multimedia services over IP broadband (fixed or wireless) infrastructure. Basically it's wifi calling/voip on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty