Was annoyed by faulty bodyguardz AT&T install of screen protector...

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So I took it off and obviously anything in air floating instantly gets on back etc so this one is useless. I will probably submit for free replacement not counting 5.95 shipping from bodyguardz replacement... But I like it better without screen protector. Is that wrong? Lol. I haven't ever used one without since a blackberry curve ages ago.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
A screen protector is really not needed unless you are rough with your devices. That's not to say it still won't get scratched without one even with the best of care. Why didn't you go back to AT&T and tell them about the poorly installed screen protector?

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
A screen protector is really not needed unless you are rough with your devices. That's not to say it still won't get scratched without one even with the best of care. Why didn't you go back to AT&T and tell them about the poorly installed screen protector?

I'm not intentionally rough with devices. I thought it was not a big deal but as the week has passed it finally got me a half hour ago...

Gerg04

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I've not used a screen protector in a LONG time, even when i did, it lasted only a week maybe. Anyway I am going tempered glass this time, as I dropped my Nexus 5x face down (thanks extremely short charging cable) on concrete and ended up with a shattered screen.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've used tempered glass for the most part and loved them. First time I took one off after it got installed.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 6th smartphone. Never used a screen protector. All my screens stayed like new.
Some people can do that. I would drop it and scratch or break it. My wife has broken every screen she had until I started putting tempered glass on it. No I just replace her protectors every few months. I have no idea how she does it unless she spams her purse down

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
A screen protector is really not needed unless you are rough with your devices.

You mean the phone still functions without one? Brilliant statement!

Most already know SPs are not required (like a sim card is) , same goes for cases but......... . Many like the extra layer of protection for resale value or for those minor and major scratches. It's easier to simply replace a scratched screen protector, rather than live with a scratched up phone. I don't know why people who choose to NOT use a SP always have to give input to those interesting in using them, especially when they don't know them personally, nor their lifestyles and occupation.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You mean the phone still functions without one? Brilliant statement!

Most already know SPs are not required (like a sim card is) , same goes for cases but......... . Many like the extra layer of protection for resale value or for those minor and major scratches. It's easier to simply replace a scratched screen protector, rather than live with a scratched up phone. I don't know why people who choose to NOT use a SP always have to give input to those interesting in using them, especially when they don't know them personally, nor their lifestyles and occupation.

Well said. I thought sneaking into work earlier... Ugh. With my job... It is honestly why I always revert back to one.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Its so incredible difficult to scratch that gorrilla glass screen, I would never use one. Plus, the screen protector has a sticky feel, not very smooth. I left mine on the back because how much it improves the grip!