Glass starting to scratch?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, have you guys noticed tiny scratches on your screen yet? I have a glass screen protector but am starting to see micro scratches on the curved portion of the glass. It's only visible under very bright light at an angle. Or any scratches on the metal body? I know any phone no matter what, it will scratch regardless. I'm glad I had a screen protector and body wrap installed!

Last edited:

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My screen is naked and I do have a few tiny scratches. Not a big deal to me. I just can't stand the feel of most screen protectors.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the Spigen glass screen protector and carbon fibre case. Not many visible scratches on either (I don't think Carbon fibre scratches, but I'm not 100% sure). But, when I tilt the screen, I see diagonal scratches along the protector. There is also a crack in the glass protector, but I got a 2 pack, so I can change it if it bothers me. Better that than the real screen glass.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought my V20 used and it came with scratches all over the screen. In my case, they can't be seen under a screen protector.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry your device has some scratches on the curved glass! But you're right: wear and tear will happen with any phone. I'm sure my phone has scratches, even with a screen protector and a case... It's not only life, but also my luck with technology. ;)

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, have you guys noticed tiny scratches on your screen yet? I have a glass screen protector but am starting to see micro scratches on the curved portion of the glass. It's only visible under very bright light at an angle. Or any scratches on the metal body? I know any phone no matter what, it will scratch regardless. I'm glad I had a screen protector and body wrap installed!

Nope...no scratches

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think mine has a tiny little scratch on it. Which is pretty good for not having a screen protector and I always throw my phone in my pocket with my keys... But then again, it could have been a smudge.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have no protection and mine looks new and I've had it for a whole 3 days lol. But in seriousness I had no protector or car on my V10 for over a year and I'm pretty amazed how strong such thin glass can be. Just gonna keep my fingers crossed with this one.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had the phone since about a day or two before T-mobiles official release date due to pre-order and the phone has been through the ringer. I got to say this phone is one tough mother______ but that being said I have one scratch on the screen that I have noticed and it stretches the length of the screen but is only visible with screen off and I have to play with phones angle in the light. The only way I can think of it happening is the stupid metal dudad above the pocket opening on most jeans.. Hate that little f-er! Lol

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
No scratches. Glass screen protector on and I never put it in a pocket that has anything in it. I expect the protector to get scratched or terribly smudged from dirt. And then replace it with a new one.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone since about a day or two before T-mobiles official release date due to pre-order and the phone has been through the ringer. I got to say this phone is one tough mother______ but that being said I have one scratch on the screen that I have noticed and it stretches the length of the screen but is only visible with screen off and I have to play with phones angle in the light. The only way I can think of it happening is the stupid metal dudad above the pocket opening on most jeans.. Hate that little f-er! Lol

Lol I think that's how my screen scratched. Was pulling my phone in and out of my pocket hundreds of time at work.