Is the back of the V20 sturdy?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The V20 has a removable back and battery, which is awesome, but is it sturdy? Does it creak or is the back loose?

It's built very solid and it doesn't make any creak noises. The back cover locks onto the phone perfectly and the seams line up flawlessly. After user complaints about the G5 design, LG listened and has put in tremendous effort in making a solid built phone. I still think it's amazing how they made a metal phone with a removable battery.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's most likely a solid and not-loose build. I know it's not the same device, but with my LG G3, the battery and back were removable and I never heard any creaks or had any movement from them - the fit was solid (and with that phone I'd had to do quite a few battery pulls lool). :)

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Wondering if anyone without a case notice it scratching easily? Thinking about a case but didn't have one on my V10 and hate extra bulk.
I go back and forth with having a case on my V20, only scratches I have are because I dropped it, and it's more of a dent than a scratch. If you can keep from dropping it I'd say go caseless but keep the plastic protector over the camera glass and the screen if it's still on and be somewhat gentle when setting it down on its back on hard surfaces.

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
It's built very solid and it doesn't make any creak noises. The back cover locks onto the phone perfectly and the seams line up flawlessly. After user complaints about the G5 design, LG listened and has put in tremendous effort in making a solid built phone. I still think it's amazing how they made a metal phone with a removable battery.

I think it's amazing they decided on a removable back and battery. I'd love to see that make a comeback.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The V20 has a removable back and battery, which is awesome, but is it sturdy? Does it creak or is the back loose?

As many others have said already, You definitely don't need to worry. It's very sturdy. Even after taking it off many times. :)
The V20 is definitely one of, if not the best device out there right now. So awesome. It's not often you see devices with a removable back, so its great to see.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely the best phone I have ever used and I hate adding even a little bulk with a case. My paranoia comes from the price of this phone. These prices are getting ridiculous. This one is also so much more slick than the V10 was to. May have to try a wrap with a little texture to see how that feels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez