LG G6 Looks Like it has Already Failed

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping the G6 kills it for LG this year! I'm disappointed that it doesn't have an LED light and that its battery is non-removable (I get why they went that route - but it's still sad); but it looks like a sleek and powerful phone that will get the job done. I'm definitely looking forward to holding it in person and seeing how it rolls! :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
A lot depends on price for sure. It's obviously going up against the S8 and will probably lack some whizbang features that the S8 will have.

What it lacks in comparison may be excusable if the price is right.

Calibrate the display, make the camera focus better. Don't have any one thing that people can point at and say "this is bad and is a glaring issue" and they will have a winner. If they can come in a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the S8 they might make waves.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
RAM, ROM, storage, memory... Whatever. As long as the point gets across correctly.

So what you're saying is, words and their meaning aren't important?

ROM is ROM. It's not RAM. It's not persistent RAM. ROM existed long before you were born, and it is a very specific thing with a very specific meaning--which is NOT "the place where your phone apps and your selfies get put as needed".

Why don't we call SSDs "ROM"?

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
LG stated they wanted to differentiate between the G and V series phones. Also this phone will be a success, lots of people love LG and it is a great looking phone and the majority of phone users upgrade and buy what they know or what salesmen tells them to love.

The problem with this is most phone sales consultants push Galaxies, Notes and iPhones because they are an easy sell based on name recognition alone. For them to suggest anything else requires some superior feature or compelling reason for them to do so. I had a buddy that used to work at Verizon. Corporate would hit the consultant if a phone came back basically assuring the consultants only recommend what the consumer is already used to using rather than showing competing devices that may even have better features or be a better fit based on their use case.

Last edited:

Joseph Guy1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have no interest in the g6 LG messed up again, I loved the G2 great phone, the g4 gave me to many problems Dame botloop, now the g5 was just an joke that's how I see it, LG is going to get [removed] by galaxy s8

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The problem with this is most phone sales consultants push Galaxies, Notes and iPhones because they are an easy sell based on name recognition alone. For them to suggest anything else requires some superior feature or compelling reason for them to do so. I had a buddy that used to work at Verizon. Corporate would hit the consultant if a phone came back basically assuring the consultants only recommend what the consumer is already used to using rather than showing competing devices that may even have better features or be a better fit based on their use case.

There are hidden incentives that motivate sales that we are not always privy to.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have no interest in the g6 LG messed up again, I loved the G2 great phone, the g4 gave me to many problems Dame botloop, now the g5 was just an joke that's how I see it, LG is going to get raped by galaxy s8

Thanks for sharing your experience. I too had a dame boot loop on me after I asked her to pick up the check.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the G6 looks like a good phone and all, but with the idea of only allowing wireless charging in the U.S., the Quad DAC only in Korea and certain Asian markets, and only using 64gb in certain markets, only 32gb in the U.S., I think this phone won't be the success LG needs. I'll stick with my V20, which has 64gb of storage, a similar processor, a Quad DAC, and a removable battery.

I guess you would have to view this at a marketing standpoint. The average American, typically those people who don't chat on forums like us, simply wants a big screen phone that's waterproof, with good cameras. A lot of people didn't like the G5, they actually fired everyone that was on that team. Though removable batteries are great, they are in competition with other beautiful looking phones such as the S8, HTC U, Huawei, etc. When potential buyers come in the store, they play with the demo phones and they're deciding which phone looks the best and have decent features. I just hope they keep the V series the same and continue the removable battery feature on that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
And that is how LG is planning their phone lines now. The G series will be the Pixel type phone, and the V series will be a niche product for a specific user base.

Hope you like the V20. I love mine.

I was going to say that V20 is the bomb but I don't want to jinx it

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the G6 looks like a good phone and all, but with the idea of only allowing wireless charging in the U.S., the Quad DAC only in Korea and certain Asian markets, and only using 64gb in certain markets, only 32gb in the U.S., I think this phone won't be the success LG needs. I'll stick with my V20, which has 64gb of storage, a similar processor, a Quad DAC, and a removable battery.

In my opinion, if all the features of the G6 were built into it for all markets, then it will be even better than their flagship V series. So they crippled it a bit.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No IR Blaster. SMH.
That kind of surprises me, but then again it sounds like they are trying to make a Galaxy'ish phone with the G6. I use the IR blaster all the time on my V20. With several young kids, keeping an actual remote in the house has been something of a futile effort.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty