Which V20 would you keep?

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you had the choice between an unlocked T-Mobile V20 (H918) or the dual-sim global model (H990N) for the same price, which would you choose?

Without going into detail as to why I ordered both phones, I have both sitting here right now and can't decide which one to keep. Here's how I see it:

H990N Pros

- dual SIM (though I don't travel much and not sure how useful it would be for me in the long run)
- More LTE bands, though no Band 66 support for Freedom Mobile or some T-Mobile areas.
- Apparently better audio due to B&O tuning
- B&O headphones included.

H918 Pros

- Rootable with custom roms available.
- Band 66 support. Not sure how much that would get used by me but possibly helpful for resale afterwards if needed.

Right now I'm leaning a bit more towards keeping the global model but the idea of being able to flash a custom ROM is tempting.

Thoughts?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally not into custom ROM's, so I'd probably go with the dual SIM version. Installed a different launcher and theme, and I'm loving the new look. Everything still smooth running, so I wouldn't go with the TMO version unless you just have a compelling reason to install a ROM.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you had the choice between an unlocked T-Mobile V20 (H918) or the dual-sim global model (H990N) for the same price, which would you choose?

Without going into detail as to why I ordered both phones, I have both sitting here right now and can't decide which one to keep. Here's how I see it:

H990N Pros

- dual SIM (though I don't travel much and not sure how useful it would be for me in the long run)
- More LTE bands, though no Band 66 support for Freedom Mobile or some T-Mobile areas.
- Apparently better audio due to B&O tuning
- B&O headphones included.

H918 Pros

- Rootable with custom roms available.
- Band 66 support. Not sure how much that would get used by me but possibly helpful for resale afterwards if needed.

Right now I'm leaning a bit more towards keeping the global model but the idea of being able to flash a custom ROM is tempting.

Thoughts?

Dual SIM would be cool to have, I wouldn't mind having 2 phone numbers on one phone