Anyone else receiving a an update?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The S9? Has that even been announced yet?
Oh of course I know but I was contemplating on waiting for the announcement before I upgrade or not. The S9 is the middle ground between the V30 and the Pixel and will no doubt have an excellent front facing camera. The Pixel is just a photo enthusiast's dream but until Google pushes an update to solve the audio issues, it's pretty much trash in a lot of situations for audio reproduction. Also no expandable storage. Also missing wireless charging and no built-in manual mode in the camera app which is huge turn off to me. But the quality is just so tempting. The V30 has all the manual controls I could ever need but the OIS and autofocus speed is still behind the competition especially Samsung's lightning fast dual pixel focus(I think that's what it's called). The front facing camera has been pretty much an afterthought. And I really need to see more video samples compared to the competition to decide if having all those manual controls is worth it if the quality just doesn't stack up. But no other phone has that QuadDAC and I saw a pair of headphones with 200 ohms for under $50! I looked at some reviews and they really seemed positive. The design and battery life really made a leap to the top of the pack behind only a few phones, none of them being the Note 8, iPhone X, Pixel 2 or S8. In the meantime, the V20 has been every bit of fantastic and I'm still capturing amazing photos and videos with it so I can really take my time which is a huge benefit. I may just keep it and have it as a back up when I do upgrade.

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh of course I know but I was contemplating on waiting for the announcement before I upgrade or not. The S9 is the middle ground between the V30 and the Pixel and will no doubt have an excellent front facing camera. The Pixel is just a photo enthusiast's dream but until Google pushes an update to solve the audio issues, it's pretty much trash in a lot of situations for audio reproduction. Also no expandable storage. Also missing wireless charging and no built-in manual mode in the camera app which is huge turn off to me. But the quality is just so tempting. The V30 has all the manual controls I could ever need but the OIS and autofocus speed is still behind the competition especially Samsung's lightning fast dual pixel focus(I think that's what it's called). The front facing camera has been pretty much an afterthought. And I really need to see more video samples compared to the competition to decide if having all those manual controls is worth it if the quality just doesn't stack up. But no other phone has that QuadDAC and I saw a pair of headphones with 200 ohms for under $50! I looked at some reviews and they really seemed positive. The design and battery life really made a leap to the top of the pack behind only a few phones, none of them being the Note 8, iPhone X, Pixel 2 or S8. In the meantime, the V20 has been every bit of fantastic and I'm still capturing amazing photos and videos with it so I can really take my time which is a huge benefit. I may just keep it and have it as a back up when I do upgrade.
I think the S8+ ticks all your boxes except for the quad dac!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think the S8+ ticks all your boxes except for the quad dac!
It does but the S9 will most likely have dual camera setup so I'd rather wait and see first. Lack of dual cameras aren't a deal breaker but I'd rather have them than not. If I don't get the V30 anyway which I probably will.

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Incredible.

My V20 is just much faster and smooth.

I was planning to jump to Mate 10 or Moto Z2 Force.

Now I'm a bit confused.

sanford12

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
Just got 2 Unlocked Verizon V20's. I didn't put in the sim's yet and have updated both oddly one updated to 17A and the other to 18A. At least they updated.