altec lansing smartstream x and Bluetooth

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the altec lansing smartstream x speaker? My Bluetooth is horrible with it. It's really choppy. My v20 works fine with all of my other devices and my other phones (older) work with the speaker.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The V20 isn't working well with this speaker. It's choppy and impossible to listen to. Other phones sync with it fine. My brother in law has the same speaker and his v20 is doing the same thing. We have synced pixels, Samsung phones, surface tablet, and other devices to these speakers and we have had no problems.
I've even factory reset my phone.

Hikeit233

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Just picked this speaker up from Walmart for 21 bucks. Seemed like a great deal until I found that the V20 just doesn't work over Bluetooth. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if the Chromecast feature worked with Spotify, but it doesn't.

Bluetooth works fine from my PC and my girlfriend's iPhone. It's weird that's it's just the V20 having issues. That makes me think the phone is doing something weird with Bluetooth.

I tried clearing my Bluetooth cache, but that didn't fix anything. I'll look into other options, but I don't think there are many.

The speaker is wifi enabled, but I don't think there's anyway to update firmware, which would've help if it was a speaker issue.

Hikeit233

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
So the first week of owning the thing Spotify wouldn't connect no matter what I tried. It suddenly started working the other day.

I tried a few thing in the V20 developer options to see if they changed anything in regards to Bluetooth but nothing happened. It's a really weird issue though.

5yny5t3r

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
So I just purchases two of these from Wal-Mart for $21 each.
I got home and set them up, but I am having issues with my phone as well.
My phone is a cheaper Samsung (J7 Prime), but my wife's phone is a Galaxy S8+ and it steams audio to them just fine.
I was able to easily pair the two speakers together and see them as one listed in ChromeCast and she can stream, but I can not.
My main concern though was the fact that I wanted to use them with Chromecast to watch movies and whatnot.
The tv in our bedroom is not a smart tv so we simply use Chromecast to mirror her phone to watch movies and tv.
Now I need to figure out how to stream video to the TV and audio to the speakers, but It doesn't look like Chromecast can handle that...

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can, but if you figure it out please let me know.

I'm going to put these things all through my house. I have 4 right now.
So I just purchases two of these from Wal-Mart for $21 each.
I got home and set them up, but I am having issues with my phone as well.
My phone is a cheaper Samsung (J7 Prime), but my wife's phone is a Galaxy S8+ and it steams audio to them just fine.
I was able to easily pair the two speakers together and see them as one listed in ChromeCast and she can stream, but I can not.
My main concern though was the fact that I wanted to use them with Chromecast to watch movies and whatnot.
The tv in our bedroom is not a smart tv so we simply use Chromecast to mirror her phone to watch movies and tv.
Now I need to figure out how to stream video to the TV and audio to the speakers, but It doesn't look like Chromecast can handle that...