LG V20 won't update

demonix

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I've searched for similar issues but can't find any posts similar to my issue.
I recently bought a unlocked LG V20 from ebay from a highrated seller. It was an AT&T unlocked device. So I have gone an picked up an AT&T sim card and activated service on it but the device will not update. It is stuck on the April 2017 security patch. Build # NRD90M and sw version H91010m. Can anyone suggest a different way to update the device versus the OTA? TIA.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to AT&T and ask where the nearest Device Support Center is. Bring it there and ask them if they could please update it for you.

demonix

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Sadly I don't live the USA but was there visiting for a few days. I was actually at the AT&T store in Erie, PA and told them of my dilemma and they stated they couldn't help me since the device was not purchased from them. Back in Canada now and low and behold the V20 is downloading and applying an update. Not sure if it's Oreo yet but fingers crossed.

demonix

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
So while I was in the USA with an AT&T Sim card in my device would not update. connected via LTE or WiFi. once I returned to Canada with the AT&T Sim in the device prompted for an update. the device is now running Oreo.

still find it strange I wasn't able to update while in the USA? oh well.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
So while I was in the USA with an AT&T Sim card in my device would not update. connected via LTE or WiFi. once I returned to Canada with the AT&T Sim in the device prompted for an update. the device is now running Oreo.

still find it strange I wasn't able to update while in the USA? oh well.

Where do you live? Are you going to take the AT&T Sim card back out since you live in Canada?
The reason I'm asking is... Maybe i could use your Sim long enough to get the update. I could give you some of your money back or work something out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Oreo is no improvement but I can understand your security concerns. Maybe download Malwarebytes and count your lucky stars you don't have to downgrade to Oreo.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I don't live the USA but was there visiting for a few days. I was actually at the AT&T store in Erie, PA and told them of my dilemma and they stated they couldn't help me since the device was not purchased from them. Back in Canada now and low and behold the V20 is downloading and applying an update. Not sure if it's Oreo yet but fingers crossed.

You're trying to update it without AT&T service on it. You need to pay for the service and update it while you're in the USA. Not sure if pre-paid AT&T is supported but post-paid accounts, yes.

The only way now since you're in Canada is to flash it. Check XDA on how to do that.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Oreo is no improvement but I can understand your security concerns. Maybe download Malwarebytes and count your lucky stars you don't have to downgrade to Oreo.

Thanks for the warning, literally probably saved my device from disaster... Some people are not experiencing any issues however... Have you tried a full complete factory wipe and reset? Usually that's what you have to do....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member