09-10-2019 08:41 PM
91 ... 234
tools
    yes. I'll stick to that phone for Forever. Hours ago I bought a new one as a spare for about 180. (Dual

- wide angle
    - second screen, love it. Don't wanna miss it. Yes of course you can use AoD but then I'd be afraid of constantly burn ins..
    - almost unbreakable (with a a screen 9h glass - right now using my fourth glass.. Lol.. Explains why I don't want a glass backed phone.)
    - swappable battery (can recommend the 4000mah Perfine which matches the capacitizy!)
    - DAC - just amazing.. If you got used to it you'll be disappointed with any other phones. (except LGs)
    - for its price there's an unbelievable amount of features 140-200 Euro.
    Agree with all that.

If you are using the stock-sized battery, you can use any of the million Otterbox type cases for it to enhance durability. I like Otterbox commuter and Defender for the ultimate protection.
    05-20-2019 10:57 AM
    Agree with all that.

If you are using the stock-sized battery, you can use any of the million Otterbox type cases for it to enhance durability. I like Otterbox commuter and Defender for the ultimate protection.
    Simply not necessary. But a display glass on it and a 9h Glas on the back camera and have fun while using it without a case. Dropped mine thousand times. Absolutely physically reliable. A beast
    05-20-2019 11:02 AM
    Just replaced the battery in my V20 over the weekend. Const me $12 for an OEM battery and took 30 seconds to swap it out. Back to full day of normal use with 40% left when I pt it up for the night. Can any of the new sealed phones say that? NOPE!
    05-23-2019 06:56 AM
    Sorry if this is already covered elsewhere, but where did you buy your OEM battery from? I have bought a couple, and at least one of them I'm pretty sure was counterfeit.
    05-27-2019 12:19 AM
    why would you want an OEM battery? There are nice ones on the market, with extended capacity, ranging from 5000-6000 mAh to something even larger.
    05-28-2019 10:53 AM
    The phone is old. there have been no new OEM batteries made for years. They age and go bad due to age.
    05-28-2019 10:54 AM
    The phone is old. there have been no new OEM batteries made for years. They age and go bad due to age.
    The same could be said for the aftermarket batteries. As old as the phone is, those aftermarket batteries could be just as bad. I know I bought one like that last year that was already at a reduced capacity when I got it, and it got worse quickly. I'm back on my original stock battery now.
    tube517 likes this.
    05-28-2019 11:00 AM
    The same could be said for the aftermarket batteries. As old as the phone is, those aftermarket batteries could be just as bad. I know I bought one like that last year that was already at a reduced capacity when I got it, and it got worse quickly. I'm back on my original stock battery now.
    Ditto. I bought some aftermarket batteries and one of them has started bulging as well as the OEM battery I got w/the phone ( I bought my v20 used in Feb 2018)
    05-28-2019 03:40 PM
    The point is, your only hope of getting a working battery is an aftermarket piece, ideally NIB. I like ZeroLemon extended batteries. The oversized ones.

OEM is guaranteed to be from 2016 and thus most likely not holding the full capacity.
    05-29-2019 09:03 AM
    My 3 year old T-Mobile branded branded with the Oreo update is as snappy as it ever was. I use it as my home-based browser/entertainment center while the V40 I picked up near February is my daily driver. The V20 gets out of the house on those occasions when the IR blaster will come in handy like at the doc appointment with the TV in the waiting area or when I visit my girlfriend who is always losing remotes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-18-2019 02:24 AM
    I have noticed some lag on my v20 lately, but still runs well overall. My biggest gripe is not being able to purchase OEM batteries. Third-party batteries always fall short or eliminate the NFC capabilities.
    I'm slowly getting ready to migrate to Android, and just got a V20 last month. But I already picked up an OEM at Amazon for $8.49 a week ago: At least it looks like one (PlayMore) and it seems to be working fine.
    06-20-2019 10:56 AM
    Yes V20 of 2016 work Great in very very cool weather awesome video in fire investigation plus with Wild ankle camera build in sound recording O stop action photos at race track. BUT BUY THE BEST CASE.
    06-25-2019 06:42 AM
    Yesterday I used it as a voice recorder in a conference, in airplane mode. Still working great!
    The bateries (have 2 OEM and 1 from an unknown brand) are not as good as new but get the job done.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-26-2019 11:44 PM
    Regretfully, I had to retire my 3yo one (it was struggling with updated apps) for a V40 but I miss it. Loved the 2nd screen, swappable batteries, metal housing, and "slablike" feel. The last phone I loved this much - and used this hard - was my tank of a Palm Treo.

Keeping it as a backup, but the v40 will take the daily driver spot unless I eventually migrate to a Note.

The v40 is OK and everything works, but is definitely not the same kind of fabulous and is more "just a phone".
    mrdave570 likes this.
    08-12-2019 07:48 AM
    I'm still happy with mine. I've never done an update of any kind. Not that I wouldn't. I just can't. It's an AT&T phone and I live in Canada.
    I'm not that impressed with the stuff coming out lately. First, it's thinner and thinner. Then, let's fold them in half and make them twice as thick again. Duhh!

I am happy with the cameras. The sound is second to none. The batteries are replaceable.
    I'll probably keep as long as I can.
    Yes, I still keep my V20, mainly for removable battery.
    08-18-2019 06:56 PM
    I still love the V20. I have two working great and one for parts (probably never need parts).
    I just wanted to post the replacement battery I've purchased and they are excellent.
    Perfine 4100mah. They actually work better than the original.

Hail LG.
    09-10-2019 08:41 PM
91 ... 234