LG... are you listening? Other markets can afford the extra features of the V30 Plus.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
A note to LG:

Other markets can afford and want the plus models. Give us what we want, when we want it, and stop playing silly games. Its time to put your big boy pants on if you want to play with the big boys.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG... are you listening? Other markets can afford the extra features.

I'm a little lost. What's going on?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Not all LG G6 are made the same. Some areas (Asia) for example, have a better DAC than the G6 sold in Europe, which AFAIK just uses the built in one on the SoC

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Not all LG G6 are made the same. Some areas (Asia) for example, have a better DAC than the G6 sold in Europe, which AFAIK just uses the built in one on the SoC

Ah. Forgot about that. I thought that was completely uncalled for. But I'm sure someone will use the reason of 'market research' to justify that decision.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Actually I was aiming this at the V30 but it does apply to the G6....I'll modify the Title.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

LG is at it again. Rumour has it that the V30 Plus will only be released in Korea. Hopefully its only differences in ram and internal storage. Would not want to see what they did with G6 happen to the V30.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A note to LG:

Other markets can afford and want the plus models. Give us what we want, when we want it, and stop playing silly games. Its time to put your big boy pants on if you want to play with the big boys.

I'm okay with 4GB and 64GB storage but don't take away the DAC. I could care less about fast wireless charging (will kill your battery eventually from heat generation).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wireless charging does not kill your battery.

I think he's referring to heat killing the battery as a result, however It would take temperates in excess of 45c for extended periods to do significant damage. A good wireless charger shuts down when it reaches high temperatures.

JohnMcL7

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
LG determined that the more expensive version wouldn't make financial sense in most places.

Charging more money for a lower specced device doesn't make financial sense in any place, the European LG G6 only comes with 32GB memory and no DAC yet at £650 rrp is almost the same price as the 64GB Galaxy S8 which not only had double the memory and the faster Snapdragon 835 but also the much more attention grabbing AMOLED infinity edge display.

Selling the G6 plus 128GB model for that price would make a lot of sense as the high amount of memory would like grab some attention and makes up for the lower specs in other areas. What's even more crazy is that the grey import 64GB models with the DAC are almost half the price, even allowing it costing a bit more to officially import it the UK pricing makes absolutely no sense and it's no surprise the phone has been a poor seller.

I'm disappointed to hear about another plus mode unique to South Korea as it sounds like they're going to take a similar approach to the G6 in which case I'll be going with Samsung who don't take a screw Europe approach.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Charging more money for a lower specced device doesn't make financial sense in any place, the European LG G6 only comes with 32GB memory and no DAC yet at £650 rrp is almost the same price as the 64GB Galaxy S8 which not only had double the memory and the faster Snapdragon 835 but also the much more attention grabbing AMOLED infinity edge display.

Selling the G6 plus 128GB model for that price would make a lot of sense as the high amount of memory would like grab some attention and makes up for the lower specs in other areas. What's even more crazy is that the grey import 64GB models with the DAC are almost half the price, even allowing it costing a bit more to officially import it the UK pricing makes absolutely no sense and it's no surprise the phone has been a poor seller.

I'm disappointed to hear about another plus mode unique to South Korea as it sounds like they're going to take a similar approach to the G6 in which case I'll be going with Samsung who don't take a screw Europe approach.

Its not like people don't have money outside of South Korea

JohnMcL7

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Its not like people don't have money outside of South Korea

It's not so much that but that they charge more for the lower specced versions here than they do for the Plus versions in South Korea...even a properly imported LG G6+ 128GB is over a hundred pounds less than the 32GB G6 here. Then there's the V20 which was even worse as they didn't sell it at all here.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It's not so much that but that they charge more for the lower specced versions here than they do for the Plus versions in South Korea...even a properly imported LG G6+ 128GB is over a hundred pounds less than the 32GB G6 here. Then there's the V20 which was even worse as they didn't sell it at all here.
I can get a LG G6+ imported for less than what AT&T is selling the V20 for currently...that says a lot...

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

In the US, you could get an LG G6 for half price only a few weeks after it came out.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

In the US, you could get an LG G6 for half price only a few weeks after it came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez