v30 speaker quality

harv3

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
i am interested in this phone, does anyone know how good the built in speaker is?
louder and clearer than s8 at least, no i dont have an s8 i just looked at someones, it definatly had a better speaker than my note 4 but i would like better than that. currently my top contenders are lgv30 and google pixel 2, pixel has front firing speakers. but lg is known for good audio
i dont care much about headphones

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
i am interested in this phone, does anyone know how good the built in speaker is?
louder and clearer than s8 at least, no i dont have an s8 i just looked at someones, it definatly had a better speaker than my note 4 but i would like better than that. currently my top contenders are lgv30 and google pixel 2, pixel has front firing speakers. but lg is known for good audio
i dont care much about headphones

The Pixel 2 should have much better speakers than the V30 or the Pixel XL 2.

harv3

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
yes pixel 2 will have dual front facing speakers, lg i have no experience with but they are supposed to have very good audio from the speaker (for a cell phone)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Should be just as good as v20. I think that was solid. Better than s8 or about the same.

The only thing that worries me about the speaker sound is that making a phone water resistant has been known to weaken the sound. Having said that I've been told that the G6 had decent sound for a water resistant phone. Let's hope that's true for the V30. I mostly use my speaker as a speaker phone so I'm not as critical as someone who plays music through the speaker.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
The only thing that worries me about the speaker sound is that making a phone water resistant has been known to weaken the sound. Having said that I've been told that the G6 had decent sound for a water resistant phone. Let's hope that's true for the V30. I mostly use my speaker as a speaker phone so I'm not as critical as someone who plays music through the speaker.

That's not completely true look at sony Xperia line

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that worries me about the speaker sound is that making a phone water resistant has been known to weaken the sound. Having said that I've been told that the G6 had decent sound for a water resistant phone. Let's hope that's true for the V30.

Until I read this I completely forgot about quality loss with water resistance. Your correct though, I don't notice any degradation on the G6 so hopefully the V30 will follow suit.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
On the mate 9 in landscape mode you can easily hear channel separation, different instruments playing on different speakers

SchinkenSpicker

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Today I was on IFA and tried the LG V30. The speaker was very loud and seemed pretty clear aswell, even though it is a mono speaker I liked it. The area was pretty loud but the speaker was loud enough to get people staring at me while trying the speaker haha.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Two speakers are better than one in most cases but I don't see how they can really call it stereo. Can't be much separation

Axon has one of the best stereo speakers in a phone.. Only after having that phone u know the difference between 2 stereo speakers and a single mono speaker

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Axon has one of the best stereo speakers in a phone.. Only after having that phone u know the difference between 2 stereo speakers and a single mono speaker

Yes.... There's a difference without a doubt, but I would hardly call it a stereo experience.

lydan

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
I have both the G6 and V30, the V30 speaker is pretty horrible. It is tin like, no low response kinda like a tweeter but worse. The G6 blows it away in comparison, being that the G6 is much more deep sounding and more realistic with a wider sound. In the past i have had the LG G3, G5, and V20, the speakers on those were all better, the G5 and V20 were comparable to the G6, nice and loud and full sounding for a little speaker.

The V30 is a winner in many ways but i may return it in favor of waiting for the G7...

lydan

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
I have both the G6 and V30, the V30 speaker is pretty horrible. It is tin like, no low response kinda like a tweeter but worse. The G6 blows it away in comparison, being that the G6 is much more deep sounding and more realistic with a wider sound. In the past i have had the LG G3, G5, and V20, the speakers on those were all better, the G5 and V20 were comparable to the G6, nice and loud and full sounding for a little speaker.

The V30 is a winner in many ways but i may return it in favor of waiting for the G7...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez