V30 Issue. Bright flash from screen when pulling out of pocket

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue that I can't figure out.

My V30 screen seems to randomly flash when I pull it from my pocket. So if I have my AOD on and stick the phone in the pocket of my hoodie or pants pocket, when I pull it out the screen flashes quickly and is very bright.

Anyone else see this or hear about this before. It does it randomly and is annoying to me. It just started doing this last night. I even restarted the phone but it is still happening.

Gremmward

May 2, 2014
Visit site
You would have to click the checkmark in the upper left corner for it to save to gallery...I'm thinking that's not it though. Hmm..

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Never seen it on my V30 but have on the Pixel 2 XL. It is odd, consensus was a software issue on the pixel caused by 8.1 but this cannot be the case for the V30 so I do wonder

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Never seen it on my V30 but have on the Pixel 2 XL. It is odd, consensus was a software issue on the pixel caused by 8.1 but this cannot be the case for the V30 so I do wonder

I believe this is different from the Pixel issue. With the Pixel it flashes before going to black screen.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a green flash at the top, right before the AoD comes on, but I also have a perfect line of dead pixels across the top just below the notifications. Getting a replacement.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I believe this is different from the Pixel issue. With the Pixel it flashes before going to black screen.

Pixel issues do vary, screen off and screen on. I have also seen this exact same issue on a 2XL i.e. flip phone over and it flashes immediately before the AOD appears again.

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Is this specifically an AoD issue? Or maybe a body sensor issue?

I have fingerprint + pin unlock and the only time my screen does anything is if I trigger the home button.

Nufiwk

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site

My V30 screen seems to randomly flash when I pull it from my pocket. So if I have my AOD on and stick the phone in the pocket of my hoodie or pants pocket, when I pull it out the screen flashes quickly and is very bright.

Anyone else see this or hear about this before. It does it randomly and is annoying to me. It just started doing this last night. I even restarted the phone but it is still happening.

I just received mine, and got the same issue. Did you finally solve it? Someone told me to change the launcher... I dont know...

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I just received mine, and got the same issue. Did you finally solve it? Someone told me to change the launcher... I dont know...

They sent me a replacement and never had the problem again. I eventually switched over to the Note 8.

toka8

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I've changed my AOD from default layout to another one (with the red digits) and the problem disappeared. It's too soon to be certain about it, but worth a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez