LG V30 or Pixel 2 XL?

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
re:

None.
Those are having some quality issues with Displays.if u r okay shelling 850$ for it then it's cool or else I would say v10.its quad dac is still one of the best,second to v20.
However i am sure since u own an LG device (specially v10) then you would be knowing what image retention is,something that is present in xl and I am expecting v30

ashgtz91

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
Should I get the LG V30 or the Pixel 2 XL? These are the only 2 I'm deciding between. Or should I just stay with my LG V10?

BCWARE

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

I got the Pixel 2 XL, wife just got V30. both very strong, each got for different reasons. I like the updates, camera and clean UI. she likes LGs skin and camera and does not care about updates as long as her phone works.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
re:

it depends do you like the lg skin since you have a LG V10. do you need a headphone jack? other than that I would say either is a winner

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
re:

More features vs stock android. The Pixel 2 XL looks like it has a better camera front and back,ip67, the special chip and smoother software and timely updates.The V30 has ip68,expandable storage,wireless charging and a headphone jack. I don't think either is a bad choice.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
re:

Should I get the LG V30 or the Pixel 2 XL? These are the only 2 I'm deciding between. Or should I just stay with my LG V10?

v30 if you want to be able to record some awesome audio quality from live concerts, or play awesome audio from your headphones, etc.

Pixel 2 or Pixel 2XL if you want an INCREDIBLE software experience.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
re:

I had the xl2 and returned it as it had terrible blue tint. I've got the v30 now but debating switching back to the xl2. Will say the battery on the v30 is amazing and better than the Pixel, at least for how I use it. I've been using a nexus or the first pixel for the last three years, so the move away from stock android is definitely taking some adjustment

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
re:

I had both and returned the 2 XL. The camera and software are better on the 2 XL, although the V30 is not bad, but the hardware is much better on the V30. Google has made some stupid decisions with the 2 XL. They may clean things up, but that could take months. If you are buying right now, the V30 is the better phone to buy, IMO. I know there are a bunch of people who will vehemently disagree and fight for the Pixels over any other phone, but I put a lot of thought into my decision to stick with the V30. It is a very good phone with the best form factor of any phone out right now. I also have the Note 8 and S8+ and have no interest in using them over the V30, at least right now.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
re:

The only reason to consider the Pixel is if having updates first is more important than anything else on the phone. If you need OS updates 3-4 months earlier than other devices just so you can feel special about yourself, get the Pixel. Or if you plan on keeping the phone for longer than two years and you want that extra year of support, then the Pixel will be a good buy.

Anything the Pixel does, with its stock version of Android, the V30 can also do. What the Pixel has over the V30 is supposedly a better a camera and front firing speakers. If having the best camera is more important than having a complete package with a good camera, then get the Pixel. Neither camera is bad and, coming from the V10, either is an update for you. Both will be good cameras.

If you're the kind of person who consistently listens to audio through your phone's speaker, then maybe the Pixel might be good for you. If wired/wireless headphones, BT speakers, casting your device, or just using another device with a larger screen to consume media at home doesn't work for you, maybe front firing speakers will.

The last reason to get a Pixel is if you're absolutely against OEM skins. Coming from the V10, I don't think you are. I'm a long time LG user and I've grown accustomed to their skin and it gets better with every new phone. Honestly, it's not that different from stock despite what people will have you believe. The most notable difference is the theme, which can be changed because LG includes that kind of feature with their skin, unlike boring stock Android that Google dishes out.

In person, the Pixel 2 XL looks kind of awkward to me. The larger bezels with the rounded screen corners just doesn't look right. It looks off, weird. The V30, on the other hand, looks great and feels great. Best in hand feel of any phone I've held. The only thing I like about the Pixel build over the V30 is that it weighs more. The V30 is very thin and very light. This, of course, is a personal preference.

Aside from that, the V30 is a more complete package. When it comes to the software, the Pixel isn't unique. The Pixel has Android, but completely stock. The V30 also has Android, but has more features baked in. It has a very useful wide angle camera. It has wireless charging. It just feels like a more complete package.

ashgtz91

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
re:

Let's see, a good battery (to where I wouldn't miss my removable battery on my V10).
Great camera for when I do take pictures (no not selfies)
And a phone that's going to last

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Depends what you want in a phone. I wanted an awesome camera + security updates so Pixel 2 XL was my choice.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
re:

The difference in software is just so minor these days the updates are not groundbreaking like they used to be. More tweaks than anything.

I've been on the LG platform my last 3 phones and its actually nice and easy to customize. I'm more annoyed with Verizon's tweaks, than LG's. Best solution might be to order Unlocked, and install the Google launcher if you prefer it better.

ashgtz91

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
re:

The difference in software is just so minor these days the updates are not groundbreaking like they used to be. More tweaks than anything.

I've been on the LG platform my last 3 phones and its actually nice and easy to customize. I'm more annoyed with Verizon's tweaks, than LG's. Best solution might be to order Unlocked, and install the Google launcher if you prefer it better.

yea I've been with LG my last 3 or 4 phones also and with Verizon. I'm debating if I should get the V30 with the promo they got right now or just stay with my V10.

adebo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

V30 no question, best phone available today. Returned the Pixel 2 today after a week and a half. LG also has promo for $200 rebate and free daydream right now.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
re:

I had the xl2 and returned it as it had terrible blue tint. I've got the v30 now but debating switching back to the xl2. Will say the battery on the v30 is amazing and better than the Pixel, at least for how I use it. I've been using a nexus or the first pixel for the last three years, so the move away from stock android is definitely taking some adjustment
I find it hard to believe that you are getting better battery life on the v30 considering the Pixel and v30 have pretty much the same internals and display but the but the v30 has a 3300mAh battery and the Pixel 2 XL has a 3520mAh battery. I'm sure the v30 has some battery management software by LG, but I find it really hard to believe it would be making that big of a difference. My guess is you don't have your LG set up the same way as you had the Pixel setup.

Far as the display, isn't the Pixel and v30 using the same display and doesn't the v30 have the same blue color shift when you tilt it as the Pixel?

I guess what I'm getting at is your two points why you switched to the v30 make absolutely no sense. Now if you said you switched to the v30 because of the headphone jack with DAC and wireless charging that would make complete sense.