Wireless charging

fpena911

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Funny thing is I use my wireless charger from my previous Microsoft Lumia 950 and it works great. Charges the phone up quickly and even works with the case still on it. So easy as I just place it there every night and "magically" it's charged the next morning.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I just started using a Choetech T520 that was mentioned on another thread here.
Works great, I'm going to order another wireless charger for work....

Lateck,

Steve Tyburski1

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I found this.

Hmm..the new Qi wireless charging pads are 15W. The v30 is only rated for 10.5 watts. Not sure what this picture is showing. I have an 15w fast charging pad and i can confirm that v30 does not have fast charging. About 3:40 min to charge from 0, My s7 on the other hand does have fast charging and works fine on the 15 wattt pad.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
First Charge: 47% to 100% 1 hour and 10 minutes. So definitely not as fast as wired fast charging (Duh). It didn't seem picky as to where the phone was placed on the charger.The phone got warm, but not hot. I charged with a Spigen Liquid Crystal case on. One thing I like is the light that shows it's charging is on the top so if it bothered you at night you could just rotate the phone to cover it.

Revelation Sound

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
I don't see what the big deal is with wireless charging, you have to spend the money for a charger and you still need to plug in the charger.

Plugging in the phone to a charger is not a big deal.
Is it just the lazyness of not plugging it in and laying it on top of a charger? What am I missing?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't see what the big deal is with wireless charging, you have to spend the money for a charger and you still need to plug in the charger.

Is it just the lazyness of not plugging it in and laying it on top of a charger? What am I missing?

It's really just a play on words. Wireless charging in it's curent form is more of a silly convinience. It takes an extra second to plug in your phone as opposed to laying it down on charging plate. True wireless charging should be coming in the form of WiFi charging which should get rid of the charging docks & cables.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Using a wireless charger isn't a big deal. You just don't have to plug/unplug your phone to a USB cable for charging. For me, I use it out of convenience. If you're fine with the cable route, more power to you! ;)

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I stream the radio on mine all night, so I just sit it on the disc I have, and point the speaker towards me, and I can hear it fine, and it charges all night. I like it for that...

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
One nice thing about wireless charging that you may not think of is less wear and tear on the charging port. I know many people who over time had issues with the USB port on the phone getting less reliable to take a charge via cable due to stress and bending.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Cohoman's and Fwait's answers are dead on!
It's the ease of just setting the device on the charger and not "having" to plug in.

Lateck,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247