Vertical Line Down Center of V30 Screen

shotgunxbaby3

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got my V30+ today. Got it all setup using the LG Switch app, but there is a vertical right down the center of my screen. I tried powering the phone off and back on, but it's still there. Is this a bad display or is there a fix for it?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got my V30+ today. Got it all setup using the LG Switch app, but there is a vertical right down the center of my screen. I tried powering the phone off and back on, but it's still there. Is this a bad display or is there a fix for it?

Sounds like a bad display. Have it swapped out. I've got the regular V30 and am loving it

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Let's us know how you make out.

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site

When you exchange it, it should be considered as a manufacturer's defect or bad handling in shipment (or both) and not a user / owner problem and should therefore be processed accordingly.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was considering the V30 but I keep seeing these display issues. I haven’t noticed similar threads in the Samsung forums. It seems LG may have a qc issue with its displays.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I was considering the V30 but I keep seeing these display issues. I haven’t noticed similar threads in the Samsung forums. It seems LG may have a qc issue with its displays.

You don't have a lot to lose... I believe it has a two year warranty.

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Wife's V30+ had the line, mine had a physical dent in the screen. Now my wife has a good one and somehow my replacement has the line down the center, LOL 😢. The thing is, when setting up in store, none of the screens were a color where it was noticeable. Got it home, proceeded to restore data and settings then went to Chrome and couldn't miss the white line running down the screen from top to bottom. And it's dead center bisecting the screen perfectly! Perfectly flawed.