Photo delete issues

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've got my V30 set to save all pics to my SD card. Problem is, when I go to delete a photo, it says deleting, but it still remains in my LG gallery. Anyone know if km doing something wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How are you deleting the photo -- using the Gallery app, or a file manager app? If you use a file manager app to look directly in the SD card's directory where the photos are saved, is that photo file gone?

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How are you deleting the photo -- using the Gallery app, or a file manager app? If you use a file manager app to look directly in the SD card's directory where the photos are saved, is that photo file gone?

I'm trying to delete from the built in gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How embarrassing -- I reflexively welcomed you to the forums despite your being her for quite some time.:-\

Are those photos also backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That might be why. Do you know if the stock gallery app syncs with Google Photos? Do you want to keep the photos in the cloud, but just not show them in your phone's gallery app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok then, go to either the Google Photos website on your computer browser, or use your Google Photos app, find the photos in question, and move them to the Trash. That should get rid of the photo from the LG Gallery app as well (I hope).