T-mobile LG V40

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Any fellow T-Mobile LG V40/LG fans here? Awhile back, they had a great sale where you could buy an LG device and get one free. The supposed devices were the G7, G8 and V40. Except for in the very beginning of the sale... They discontinued the V40 even though it was advertised as part of the promo BOGO sale. Didn't really understand that... And was quite bummed as I would have loved a bogo on the V40.

T-Mobile actually doesn't even have any flagship LG phones anymore now besides the G8. Quite sad.

I hate that Samsung gets all the intention for Android devices. I love my V30 and had the G6 before this which was... meh... but I still liked the LG android feel.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I had been sitting on the fence between a note 9 and the v40 as an upgrade to my v20 back in the summer. Just before I was ready to buy, they discontinued the note 9, and I figured that rather than losing out on the v40 as well, I should just go ahead and buy it, and sounds like it's a good thing I did since they have discontinued it. As I have said here a few times, it is an extremely reliable and usable phone, even though it is not exciting. It has been running great for three months and I have no complaints!

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I got my v40 last oct. Got the wife one in apr. Didn't know they disc them. Still running good here with pie update.

I plan to upgrade at some point next fall.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I had upgraded from my Tmobile V20 to the Note 8 and then the Note 9. I thought I was done with LG and purchasing a new device for a while but the V40 had really gotten my attention. So when I came a cross a new in the box Tmo V40 on Offer Up for greater than half off I just had to have it. I just came from a fall farm festival where I took pics and videos with both phones and the V40 really held its own capturing the beautiful bursts of color the fall foilage produced.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the V40 and the Note 8. Love both of them. I switch off every couple of months. The V40 is a great phone. Love the quad dac, the 5 cameras, band 71 support, loud speaker, just an overall fantastic phone.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine im guessing a year now. TMO had it on sale, i belive $250 off its list price. I originally went into a store to look at the One Plus 6T but quickly swung my decision to the V40.
I wish the external speakers were better (sorry comparing it to my work iPhone 7 device). Other then that i am happy.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Sure wish T-Mobile would have kept this device on. I am debating about trying to find a decently priced used one. I think the cheapest I've seen is on amazon around 300-350 range.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That's really questionable though IMO. I don't entirely trust ebay especially. With so many fake phones floating around.

I understand.

But, I've never had a problem buying phones on Ebay. I know where to look.

Amazon is a safer choice for you.