Buying devices from Amazon

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So... I know Amazon refurbished is the big thing out there now. And all devices are refurbished. I found a device today that was listed as "used- like new."
The amazon warehouse is the "seller." However, I am wondering how good of condition a device like this might be in? I've had so much bad luck with amazon refurbished, so I am wondering if it might be in better shape condition it's not refurbished, and from amazon themselves.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Sony Xperia 1 V in used, like new condition from Amazon Warehouse. It arrived in perfect condition, but I agree that buying used or refurbished is always a crap shoot. Or as I call it, refurbish roulette. On the up side, Amazon does have a good return policy if things don't work out and they seem to be known to under-rate their Warehouse items (as in typically the item is as good or better than described).

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised. The only issue at all, and it's really not even an issue, is that there was a few minor nicks on the ring around the camera (not the lens itself) and the top of the phone. other then that, great.
The phone was sold as "unlocked." It is typically unlocked, but whenever something is listed as such, I'm skeptical unless it says factory unlocked. It does have factory unlocked software however, as it must have been odin flashed with it or whatever because it was originally an AT&T device. It took my T-Mobile sim card though, so no issue with that. I'd still prefer an actual, non-flashed factory unlocked device... But I suppose this will do, since its the same functionally.

It can be returned up to 90 days however, just like most amazon renewed devices, so that's an added bonus. Not too bad for 330 dollars.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod