LG Viper and Google Latitude

jeffrey.gajewski

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My mom has the LG Viper, and she LOVES keeping tabs on me using Google Latitude (via Sprint). It should be noted that since the latest round of phone updates, Latitude is no longer a stand-alone application. However, the interface remains accessible as a drop down menu item from within Google Maps. That said, mom's able to access her Latitude interface. She is logged in, and sees herself on the map.

However, while my wife and I can see mom listed in our Latitude Friends List, mom cannot see us. We are not even listed as "stale friends." We are simply no longer connected to her.

My wife and I have different phones. We both have the EVO 4G LTE. And both of us have also launched our phone updates so that Latitude is now running from within Google Maps.

As a possible solution, from mom's LG Viper, I tried re-adding us to her friends list, using our gmail address ("send invitation.") However, neither my wife nor I actually received her invitation to our gmail accounts. And, following the attempt, we are still not showing up on her Latitude Friends List. Yet, we see her.

As another possible solution, I removed her battery for a full minute. Alas, same result.

It's odd, and it's frustrating for my mom; not knowing where I'm at each and every moment of the day.

Anyone have this problem? Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Unless I had teenage children, I'd have no use for the feature... I don't think many people are going to share your problem.

Perhaps therapy, rather than tech support, would be helpful. Otherwise, a Sprint store is your best bet.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless I had teenage children, I'd have no use for the feature... I don't think many people are going to share your problem.

Perhaps therapy, rather than tech support, would be helpful. Otherwise, a Sprint store is your best bet.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

Lol, now THAT'S funny! :)