Linux connectivity

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else running Linux and having issues connecting via mtp? I can mount the device, but all I see is the playlists folder. Followed a guide I found on omgubuntu since I run debian, figured it should work.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on Linux Mint 13 and if I recall, couldn't see everything either. Ended up using "Software Data Cable" App to transfer over ftp when I needed to move things.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'll have to check it out. Not sure if I'm more disappointed that the MTP support in Linux isn't great or that Android went to a Microsoft standard protocol and didn't leave other methods available besides CTP.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Linux doesn't have out of the box MTP support. You can Google the fix since I'm using my phone to post this.

Sent from my phone with an exteremly long name since Sprint has nothing better to do than troll the Android Universe, Samung Galaxy S II Epic 4G WiMAX Touch with Beats Audio and Gorilla Glass running Sammy's leak build FK23 (4.1.2) using Tapatalk.

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Linux doesn't have out of the box MTP support. You can Google the fix since I'm using my phone to post this.

Sent from my phone with an exteremly long name since Sprint has nothing better to do than troll the Android Universe, Samung Galaxy S II Epic 4G WiMAX Touch with Beats Audio and Gorilla Glass running Sammy's leak build FK23 (4.1.2) using Tapatalk.

Tried to google a fix....all it shows me is a Playlist folder, as I said.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried to google a fix....all it shows me is a Playlist folder, as I said.

Hold on let me Google that for you

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else running Linux and having issues connecting via mtp? I can mount the device, but all I see is the playlists folder. Followed a guide I found on omgubuntu since I run debian, figured it should work.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Enable+mtp+on+linux

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you are missing the point....I've googled...i figured out how to enable mtp, but it doesn't show my sd card contents, rather just one folder called playlists...not sure how many more ways i could say that...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty