abekrausz

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Did it on Optimus One Telus P500H 2.2 and worked on first try. (manual root)
Z4 and androot as well as super one click would not do it.

gw812

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm running 2.2.1 and the z4 method did not work - always hangs. SuperOneClick DID work following the directions for it on the XDA forum. Here's my problem:

SuperOneClick says I'm rooted. Got a root checker and it says I'm rooted. BusyBox installer says I'm rooted too. Problem is BusyBox will not actually install. I choose where I want it installed and click install, and nothing happens! It'll first tell me to wait. After waiting for like 10 minutes I get an error telling me it cannot find BusyBox. Any ideas on this?

kberube911

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I was able to downgrade to 2.2 and root with z4 easily at that point. Little bit of a process to downgrade though.

However I tried clockwork and now I think I bricked my phone. Only have lg boot screen and it just stays there. battery pulls and doing the volume down, home, and power does not work. all lead to the same thing.

does anyone have any tips on how to fix this program? I have been researching not much out there. thanks in advance guys

pengellen

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You sort of bricked it. Don't use clockwork on this phone, I got stuck on the boot screen and took it in to verizon, and they didnt recognize the screen, and mailed me a new phone.