When is Urbane 2 releasing?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's time to look into Verizon Messages. I deactivated it on my Note for some reason and I have to go back and figure out why. Unfortunately then you won't be able to use interesting keyboard-texting apps (like the one with the kickstarter campaign that puts the letters around the outside of the face) and your own phone number - has to be Verizon's app. I guess I can see how messaging would work, but not calling. Does that mean that your phone still has to be turned on and forwarding has to be active? What if you're still in range of the watch? I think the AT&T system will work better as I imagine it just rings both numbers at the same time since it happens at the carrier level. Verizon hasn't said anything in detail about their solution, but since it requires an app it sounds like it operates at the phone level.

I like where you're going with the AT&T watch idea (you'd have to get and sideload the messages+ app, if it's not available for AW in the Play Store), but I think in that case you'd have to pay more monthly for the watch because the AT&T $10/mo plan is only if you already have a phone on a mobile share account. If you need a standalone plan for the watch then you're talking real monthly money and it probably isn't worth the hassle. (I'm going on the assumption that one would have to spend at least $40+/mo for an AT&T plan for the watch alone with an AT&T phone number, but if that's not right let me know).

Yeah it sounds like the voice part hasn't been sorted out, but what I could see them doing is using VOIP for the phone calls. So since you're only using data, it doesn't necessarily have to be at the phone level. I really don't know how they're going to implement it though. If you have to get standalone plans, it's 30 a month for AT&T with 300mb. Standalone on Verizon is 35 a month for 1gb. I have to get standalone because I still have an old family plan on Verizon along with unlimited data. The only way for me to add the watch is to convert to a new plan which would cost me 100 more a month and I still might would go over the data I would be allowed. I do agree that the AT&T system sounds better though.

dlknight

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I am with Sprint. I can't change mainly because I use it 5 days a week driving all day and I use some sort of data all day. So the unlimited data works for me. Sprint signed a deal with Apple that they would only seen their watch until April. My sister is with att, can I add this to her plan but keep the watch with me so I save & 20 a month. It will be Bluetooth most of the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am with Sprint. I can't change mainly because I use it 5 days a week driving all day and I use some sort of data all day. So the unlimited data works for me. Sprint signed a deal with Apple that they would only seen their watch until April. My sister is with att, can I add this to her plan but keep the watch with me so I save & 20 a month. It will be Bluetooth most of the time.

Yeah, you can add it to your sister's plan if you want.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard anything from TMO about their having it on their network. But, with its availability on the ATT network, I would imagine TMO will allow it. I hope.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You can open a line just for the watch. That's what I did. 30 a month though. With it taking sim cards though, I may cancel the plan and grab a cheap prepaid plan

Is this even possible?

So many questions...and no one really has the watch yet to answer them.

perezs07

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Went to att store and paired the demo unit to my iPhone 6s. Few things I tested were using ok Google to start a call to one of my contacts. It did not work. It just opens a web page on watch. I could get SMS notification but I could not reply back. It had no option too. These were the main features I tested. The watch does look awesome though.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Man, that sucks. I was just trying to find out any information about it coming to Sprint. I just called my local Sprint store to confirm the only selling Apple watch until April and he said he had never heard of that before. So I asked, do you sell any other smartwatches besides the Apple watch and he said not really. He had no clue what the Urbane 2 LTE watch even was.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure when it will be available for shipping, but Amazon.com has it listed for $399 unlocked.

Also, read a post on here from someone in Canada that purchased it in the US at an AT&T store then before turning on the device replaced the pre-installed SIM with a Rogers SIM and it worked.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure when it will be available for shipping, but Amazon.com has it listed for $399 unlocked.

Also, read a post on here from someone in Canada that purchased it in the US at an AT&T store then before turning on the device replaced the pre-installed SIM with a Rogers SIM and it worked.

If you can, get it at a AT&T store. It'll only be $300 before tax, $99 cheaper than Amazon.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
That's what I'm hoping will work. I just purchased the watch at an AT&T store and I'm waiting for my Ting GSM SIM to arrive in the mail. I'll see if it works. If not, guess I'll be out the $35 restocking fee for AT&T.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
"Availability

The LG Watch Urbane 2nd*LTE will be available for preorder online starting November 12 for $499.99 or $449.99 with new two year activation. The watch will be available online and in stores for purchase beginning November 19. You’ll be able to add the smartwatch to an existing Verizon Plan for $5 per month (taxes and fees apply)."

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Would anyone happen to know when it will be sold in the Verizon stores?

Availability

The LG Watch Urbane 2nd*LTE will be available for preorder online starting November 12 for $499.99 or $449.99 with new two year activation. The watch will be available online and in stores for purchase beginning November 19. You’ll be able to add the smartwatch to an existing Verizon Plan for $5 per month (taxes and fees apply).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87