One UI 6.0 Beta 2 is up!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Eight days after Samsung's release of their first Fold5 Beta test firmware for Android 14, One UI 6.0, they are rolling out their second Beta test release to enrolled users. Judging from their previous Beta, this could be their final update before a stable roll-out is made to all users.

Build = F946BXXU1ZWJ4

Download = 1012.95 MB

Build date = 11 October 2023

Camera version = 14.0.00.28

Security patch = 01 October 2023

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Software information

BETA 2 Screenshot_20231013_122922_Settings.jpg

See, also... Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Here are the changes that Beta 2 addresses...

"Samsung says the new One UI 6.0 beta update for the Galaxy Z Fold 5 addresses a number of problems that have caused apps to crash in certain scenarios. The official changelog reads as follows:

• Fixed the terminated issue when entering text with S Pen on Samsung Note.
  • Fixed the display issue when resizing after changing orientation in 3 multi-window.
  • Fixed the Taskbar not displayed intermittently.
  • Fixed the terminated issue when applying photo Portrait effect in Gallery.
  • Fixed issue where Apps and Widgets that are set up at Home disappear.
  • Many other improvements.
As far as known issues go, Samsung confirms that the new firmware hasn't addressed a number of other force-closing problems concerning the Camera, One UI Home, Systemui, and Smart Select Crop.

In addition, there's a problem with the new Quick Panel, where users may see an empty screen. The “home” navigation bar gesture doesn't work sometimes, and the home screen can experience some errors.
"

Courtesy of SamMobile. For more information see...

Galaxy Z Fold 5 gets another One UI 6.0 beta update

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My Flip's running great right now on 5.1.1, I hope they send me a version of 6.0 that runs just as good... I'm slightly nervous here lol.

I've been reading though that most folks on the 6 beta are saying it's ready for public release, so it sounds like you beta testers did the work for us, thanks 😉

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My Flip's running great right now on 5.1.1, I hope they send me a version of 6.0 that runs just as good... I'm slightly nervous here lol.

I've been reading though that most folks on the 6 beta are saying it's ready for public release, so it sounds like you beta testers did the work for us, thanks 😉
I can't speak for the Flip5 but the Fold5 has been a dream of a beta test for me. Fully formed, faster than 5.1.1 and very battery friendly. However, Beta testers cannot take the credit for this as the Fold5 release was based on the 5 or 6 previous betas for the S23's. Plus the Fold's beta was delayed by a few weeks for Samsung to make adjustments, add tweaks and generally overhaul it before release. The lack of complaints in the Beta testers section of the Samsung Members app bears testament to this. If Samsung had announced a stable release after the first beta, I would not have been surprised.

If the Flip5 is as good then you are in for a treat.

Reactions: J Dubbs

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the Flip5 but the Fold5 has been a dream of a beta test for me. Fully formed, faster than 5.1.1 and very battery friendly. However, Beta testers cannot take the credit for this as the Fold5 release was based on the 5 or 6 previous betas for the S23's. Plus the Fold's beta was delayed by a few weeks for Samsung to make adjustments, add tweaks and generally overhaul it before release. The lack of complaints in the Beta testers section of the Samsung Members app bears testament to this. If Samsung had announced a stable release after the first beta, I would not have been surprised.

If the Flip5 is as good then you are in for a treat.
It most definitely is and for the reasons you've stated. The beta on the S23U have been virtually seamless which gave me no hesitation to install the beta on my flip 5. If it weren't for a few apps not working (due to security reasons) I'd have know idea that my phone was running beta software. Big props to Sammy for the roll out thus far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000