When is Urbane 2 releasing?

irfanlai

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Any release date announced for Urabane 2. I don't see any information on web on release dates.
I desperately want this in hand before Christmas.

splacka99

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
This was announced today:

AT&T is the latest wireless carrier to announce it will sell the Tizen-based Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch, along with the Android Wear-based LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE. Pre-orders will go online and at AT&T's retail stores on November 6 for both smartwatches.

AT&T says prices for the Gear S2 and Watch Urbane 2nd Edition will both be $0 down and $15 per month for 20 months with an AT&T Installment Plan on Smartwatches or $199.99 with a two-year agreement. The Watch Urbane 2nd Edition will officially go on sale on November 13 while the Gear S2 will do the same on November 20.

In addition, AT&T says both smartwatches will support AT&T NumberSync, which will allow owners to send and receive calls and texts on those devices using the same smartphone number. That support will be added sometime in early 2016.

irfanlai

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
This was announced today:

AT&T is the latest wireless carrier to announce it will sell the Tizen-based Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch, along with the Android Wear-based LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE. Pre-orders will go online and at AT&T's retail stores on November 6 for both smartwatches.

AT&T says prices for the Gear S2 and Watch Urbane 2nd Edition will both be $0 down and $15 per month for 20 months with an AT&T Installment Plan on Smartwatches or $199.99 with a two-year agreement. The Watch Urbane 2nd Edition will officially go on sale on November 13 while the Gear S2 will do the same on November 20.

In addition, AT&T says both smartwatches will support AT&T NumberSync, which will allow owners to send and receive calls and texts on those devices using the same smartphone number. That support will be added sometime in early 2016.

Thanks for the info. If I want to buy it outright, like no carrier commitment and when will Google Store sell this.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You can open a line just for the watch. That's what I did. 30 a month though. With it taking sim cards though, I may cancel the plan and grab a cheap prepaid plan

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's what I want to know! That's a lot of money. I could see if the AT&T version were that high too, but that's robbery. It can't be that much more to be CDMA support into it

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing to note - Verizon's monthly smartwatch fee is $5, while AT&T's is $10 (I believe), so things even out a bit over time. AT&T just offers a (much) lower starting price but you pay $60/year more for the number. Granted, for that you also will get NumberSync once it's released. But at least if you use the watch for a year it brings the relative price down $60.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
One thing to note - Verizon's monthly smartwatch fee is $5, while AT&T's is $10 (I believe), so things even out a bit over time. AT&T just offers a (much) lower starting price but you pay $60/year more for the number. Granted, for that you also will get NumberSync once it's released. But at least if you use the watch for a year it brings the relative price down $60.
It looks like Verizon will have something similar to numbersync using Verizon messages. The press release said you can use the same number to text and after an update you'll be able to use the same number to call also.

What I wonder is. Can I still use that app with the AT&T version since my phone is a Verizon phone and will have the Verizon messages app on it. I guess we shall see.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Verizon will have something similar to numbersync using Verizon messages. The press release said you can use the same number to text and after an update you'll be able to use the same number to call also.

What I wonder is. Can I still use that app with the AT&T version since my phone is a Verizon phone and will have the Verizon messages app on it. I guess we shall see.

I guess it's time to look into Verizon Messages. I deactivated it on my Note for some reason and I have to go back and figure out why. Unfortunately then you won't be able to use interesting keyboard-texting apps (like the one with the kickstarter campaign that puts the letters around the outside of the face) and your own phone number - has to be Verizon's app. I guess I can see how messaging would work, but not calling. Does that mean that your phone still has to be turned on and forwarding has to be active? What if you're still in range of the watch? I think the AT&T system will work better as I imagine it just rings both numbers at the same time since it happens at the carrier level. Verizon hasn't said anything in detail about their solution, but since it requires an app it sounds like it operates at the phone level.

I like where you're going with the AT&T watch idea (you'd have to get and sideload the messages+ app, if it's not available for AW in the Play Store), but I think in that case you'd have to pay more monthly for the watch because the AT&T $10/mo plan is only if you already have a phone on a mobile share account. If you need a standalone plan for the watch then you're talking real monthly money and it probably isn't worth the hassle. (I'm going on the assumption that one would have to spend at least $40+/mo for an AT&T plan for the watch alone with an AT&T phone number, but if that's not right let me know).