Number Sync

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It looks like AT&T has taken the wraps off of Number Sync! Has anybody tried it yet with the Urbane LTE? I know that they are showing it with the Samsung Gear S2, but I went into my AT&T account online, and if I get details about the Urbane it has a link to setup Number Sync.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't wear my Urbane today, and it is requesting the IMEI number to set it up... Oh well, I'll do it when I get home, I was just wondering if anybody else has tried it yet?

I'll post this evening whether it worked or not...

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Bummer! And the one day I choose to wear my Moto instead of the Urbane... I'll give it a go tonight and let everybody know what happens, if anything.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So, did it work for you? IIRC, originally, AT&T said there will be a firmware update to LG Urbane 2 coming early 2016 to enable it for NumerSync. Gear S2 was promised to support NumerSync when released. So, it seems we still need a firmware update which may never come.

wearAR

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Was a bummed about no NumberSync off the bat. Set my phone to forward to my watch number if phone call was not answered before 10 seconds. Seems to somewhat make up for no NumberSync.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
No numbersync option on the watch. Looks like AT&T has to send an update to the watch which probably won't happen since it's no longer supported. I forward my calls but I would also like to receive the texts as well. :(

302b2a9ffb1abf6383c4e8b762c3bb19.jpg

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This may be a blessing in disguise for you ATT users: over in the Gear S2 thread there are reports of rapid battery drain and overheating watches since their NumberSync update, to the point that some just switched it off anyway.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This may be a blessing in disguise for you ATT users: over in the Gear S2 thread there are reports of rapid battery drain and overheating watches since their NumberSync update, to the point that some just switched it off anyway.

Yes, some are having issues, but mine is working perfectly. No noticeable battery drain. Still miss my LG URBANE 2. Wish I would have held on to mine. Hope you guys are enjoying yours. Too me it is the best looking smartwatch

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, some are having issues, but mine is working perfectly. No noticeable battery drain. Still miss my LG URBANE 2. Wish I would have held on to mine. Hope you guys are enjoying yours. Too me it is the best looking smartwatch
Yes, I love it so much it's unreal. The battery is out of this world, even coming from a Gear S. I can stream music to my BT earphones and track my run with the built-in GPS and only lose about 15-17% juice per hour. Plus, the cell part works in Europe, who knew?! (Only tried a data sim, but still...)
I won't lie, though, the GPS on mine is not 100% reliable when compared to my Gear S, so I am still testing various apps and set-ups.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No numbersync option on the watch. Looks like AT&T has to send an update to the watch which probably won't happen since it's no longer supported. I forward my calls but I would also like to receive the texts as well. :(

you can already receive and reply text sent to your phone today without the need of NumberSync.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I can pair my watch with 2 different phones simultaneously?
Why would you do that. Today, when you remote connected to your phone via mobile data or wifi, you can receive notifications from your phone including text messages to your phone's number. And you can even reply to the text as well.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/16/302b2a9ffb1abf6383c4e8b762c3bb19.jpg

There are also several apps that will forward texts if it doesn't work. I don't have data (using H20 cell service) but I forward calls using the phone settings and forward texts using an app. I can't reply to the texts but it's still nice to receive them when away from the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Why would you do that. Today, when you remote connected to your phone via mobile data or wifi, you can receive notifications from your phone including text messages to your phone's number. And you can even reply to the text as well.
I'm already paired with my Note 5 phone#. My other phone# is an iPhone 6s which I would like to receive texts/mms from and have the ability to reply. How can I achieve this on my watch?

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm already paired with my Note 5 phone#. My other phone# is an iPhone 6s which I would like to receive texts/mms from and have the ability to reply. How can I achieve this on my watch?

You won't be able to do that. You can only have a watch synced with one phone, but you can have more than one watch synced to that same phone. For example, you can have a your Urbane and a Moto 360 hooked up to your Note and switch between the two at your liking. However, if you try to sync your Urbane to your Note it'll work fine, but as soon as you sync it to your iPhone, it'll factory reset itself and sync to the new phone.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Looks like we are out of luck for the number sync at least for now. It also looks like AT&T has updated their website. I went on to try it the morning that number sync was available and it was asking me for the Urbane LTE's IMEI number and stuff. But now it just asks for the Number Sync code and whatever shown above...

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not wearing my Urbane today, but the first thing I'm going to do tonight is see if Number Sync will work now. Has anybody else tried it? I am wondering though, if we will need an update from AT&T to make it work? If so, I hope the original 2nd Edition will get it!

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not wearing my Urbane today, but the first thing I'm going to do tonight is see if Number Sync will work now. Has anybody else tried it? I am wondering though, if we will need an update from AT&T to make it work? If so, I hope the original 2nd Edition will get it!

Hi, have you tried numbersync yet? If so, is it working well?

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
When I ordered mine at AT&T store last week they said that Numbersync WILL work with the new version of the watch, we'll know in 3 days.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Given how much they are advertising it, I would hope so. Can't wait to get mine. The battery alone is a huge improvement

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member