Number Sync

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the original release also. After reading your post I went into settings>about and selected 'system updates' and received the message 'Charge the watch to update to MNC40X'. Pretty cool. I haven't updated it yet. I've never been an AT&T customer. I use Truphone. I'm a bit afraid I'll break something :)

Haha! Yeah no kidding! I'm sure it won't, you just won't have the NumberSync option.

Samsung S6 Edge+ w/ Urbane 2 & Moto 360 2

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Return and exchange for a new one. Paid the extra $60 + tax. Not an issue just the rep need to talk to manager many times to figure out how to proceed.

I managed to get BT function back after deactivate the NumberSync so that I can check the box in watch's BT setting to allow phone audio. Then rebooted both watch and phone multiple times. Finally the watch profile on the phone has the phone audio profile showed up. Now, I'm able to use normal BT audio for answering phone calls.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried setting the display number to my phone, but it is still showing up as the watch number. I switched the SIM back into my v10, so numbersync should be working

Posted via the Android Central App

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody tell me what the benefit of NumberSync is? So far I'm not impressed. Texting is really non consistent, if I send a text on my watch, it doesn't show up on my phone, which is weird. And I can't enable Bluetooth audio on the phone anymore. So that's annoying as well. Guess I'm just unclear on what NumberSync is really supposed to be doing.

Samsung S6 Edge+ w/ Urbane 2 & Moto 360 2

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
NumberSync allows ppl to call you using your phone's number instead of watch's number. When you call out from watch, it also send out your phone's number instead as well. Text messages don't need NumberSync (and it may not work as well).

Overall, I don't think it is worth the trouble given the high battery usage and lost of BT phone audio support.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
NumberSync allows ppl to call you using your phone's number instead of watch's number. When you call out from watch, it also send out your phone's number instead as well. Text messages don't need NumberSync (and it may not work as well).

Overall, I don't think it is worth the trouble given the high battery usage and lost of BT phone audio support.

I had nunbersync on my gear s2 and the battery drain was also insane. I agree with you it's not worth it. Especially with how well call forwarding works. And standalone mode still connects to the phone amazingly, honestly i barely see a reason to have nunbersync other than calling out.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I had nunbersync on my gear s2 and the battery drain was also insane. I agree with you it's not worth it. Especially with how well call forwarding works. And standalone mode still connects to the phone amazingly, honestly i barely see a reason to have nunbersync other than calling out.

Yeah, that's why I asked somebody to explain it, cause I felt like I was missing something! It would seem the only benefit at this point is that it shows up as the same phone number. Honestly, not really that big of a benefit for. However, I suppose getting phone calls on the watch while in standalone is really nice because nobody has my watch's phone number...

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's why I asked somebody to explain it, cause I felt like I was missing something! It would seem the only benefit at this point is that it shows up as the same phone number. Honestly, not really that big of a benefit for. However, I suppose getting phone calls on the watch while in standalone is really nice because nobody has my watch's phone number...

So this is possible with Call forwarding. In standalone mode incoming calls will go to the phone, and will timeout after 4 or so rings than transfer to the watch and your watch will than ring with that incoming call. The caller has no idea other than having a longer time to wait to get to Voice mail. I am not sure how well or if this works if the phone is off(I think it does not) With numbersync it works even if the phone is off and both the phone and watch ring simultaneously.

With call forwarding the voicemail will than go to your watch and not your phone also.

Overall Numbersync is a very nice feature(But still feels like it is in Beta) but I really wish they would just allow sim cloning like in Europe...

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for Numbersync ust to use when I'm at the gym. It'll be worth the $10 a month just to be able to leave my phone in my bag and not miss calls, be able to send/reply to texts from my number, and still have my music! Battery drain shouldn't be a big deal for that time.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Numbersync is a joke. I have nothing but battery issues with numbersync and Im not even using it. Android wear will show you the battery and what apps are using what. Numbersync is using lots and lots and I dont even have it enabled.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Are you guys noticing numbersync registering as battery drain on the battery usage even when it's not enabled? I'm showing about 4% even though I didn't enable it. Why God, why?

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Numbersync is working well with my LG G5, but when somebody is calling my phone, it then rings on the watch of course. If I answer my phone after I hang up, my watch shows the call that I answered as a missed call. Is there a fix for that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila