Applications not getting installed from MARKET

mithdroid

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I am using Galaxy S phone (Android version 2.1) . When I try downloading any application from Market, the download is getting initiated and after couple of seconds it goes away from the Notification bar. When I check again on the Downloads TAB in the Market, its getting listed there as in progress, but neither the download nor the install is happening. The behavior is same with most applications like Google Goggles, Opera mini etc. Please suggest a solution

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X has been doing this all week. It will download one or two apps here and there, but most sit at the "downloading app" progress and never move.

Reactions: mithdroid

myswagsblue

Banned
Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X has been doing this all week. It will download one or two apps here and there, but most sit at the "downloading app" progress and never move.

my heros has been doing this about the same length of time i was wondering if it was my phone or signal but looks to me its the market itself :( ......

Reactions: mithdroid

mithdroid

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The issue which i posted in the beginning - 'Apps not downloading from the MARKET' is troubling me for quite sometime. Its been more than a month now and there seems to be no solution. Please suggest if any workaround is available.

ladyknight

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Same thing is happening on my Droid X with Launcher Pro. Some of the apps are installing, some aren't. Most of them are updates I have been trying to get updated for the last two weeks, and they just won't update. They download fine, but will not install. This morning I tried downloading and installing Angry Birds Rio (new install, not an update) and it would not install. This makes 8 apps that will not install.
Is it some problem with Market, or should I email the app creator? Is there something in the app itself that prevents it from installing (ie bug or incorrect code)? One of them is a pretty important app that I really would like to have updated (mSecure Password)!
I run two antivirus apps..AVG and Lookout, but the fact that some update/install and some don't leads me to think that it's not due to the antivirus stuff.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
settings, apps, manage apps, find market app, hit force stop, clear cache and clear data, then powercycle phone..

that worked for me when i had this problem on my evo

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
settings, apps, manage apps, find market app, hit force stop, clear cache and clear data, then powercycle phone..

Looks promising. I didn't start this thread, but I definitely needed to read this. I haven't been able to update most of my apps in a month or so. This is good advice, it appears. It looks like I'm downloading, updating, and installing 29 apps simultaneously now. Thanks so much. So frustrating before this.

Jmeiii

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues last night out of the blue. I was getting an "installation failed" message. When I clicked on the notification, it said " unknown error-18 " However, this only happened with some apps. One of the apps in question, Air Control Lite, I'd had before with no issues. Also tried Cordy and a Droid X forum app, same issue.

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Actually, this didn't help as much as I thought. Unsuccessful installations are still occurring with about 7 of my apps, most of them games, I believe. Angry Birds Rio and Seasons, Backbreaker Football, and Buka to name a few. I'm able to download all of the updates from the Market, but not install successfully.

I have AdFree on my rooted phone. I tried to disable it a while back thinking maybe some of these companies are combating that with not installing. But, unless I was suppose to do it differently, I don't think that helped. So, I'm at a loss.

Additional info: Rooted HTC Incredible, with Cyanogenmod, Titanium Backup, LauncherPro, Adfree App, AutoKiller

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Same thing is happening on my Droid X with Launcher Pro. Some of the apps are installing, some aren't. Most of them are updates I have been trying to get updated for the last two weeks, and they just won't update. They download fine, but will not install. This morning I tried downloading and installing Angry Birds Rio (new install, not an update) and it would not install. This makes 8 apps that will not install.
Is it some problem with Market, or should I email the app creator? Is there something in the app itself that prevents it from installing (ie bug or incorrect code)? One of them is a pretty important app that I really would like to have updated (mSecure Password)!
I run two antivirus apps..AVG and Lookout, but the fact that some update/install and some don't leads me to think that it's not due to the antivirus stuff.
Are you using AdFree as well? Just collaberating on possible causes. I have LauncherPro too.

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, after I tried the temporary fix, by unmounting the SD Drive, I tried the permanent fix of deleting the Android.Secure folder and received the same error. I even deleted it by tapping into the folder list from the computer. Pretty much the same thing. I'm about to ask on that thread for some advice.