iPad Mini Retina 16GB AT&T LTE Space Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
re: iPad Mini Retina 16GB AT&T LTE Space Gray

All the LTE models of the iPad Air and Retina iPad mini have the same baseband. However, Sprint will not activate service on a model that is sold with another carrier's SIM card. Apparently you need to get a Sprint model, or when they are in stock, you can purchase a "SIM-free" model not "connected" to any other carrier. They can do this because they are a CDMA carrier and don't have the FCC restrictions that Verizon does.

All LTE models will work with T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon SIM cards.

If I could verify that it would work with TMO I would definitely get it or trade you a BNIB Nexus 7 with LTE unlocked for sure!

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

let me see if i can pick up a device worth making a trade with, as id like to get an ipad mini

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I would just buy a dev phone from moto but that would cost me more than just buying your ipad

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Str8bucs, how about send me a PM and see what we can work out...thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

All the LTE models of the iPad Air and Retina iPad mini have the same baseband. However, Sprint will not activate service on a model that is sold with another carrier's SIM card. Apparently you need to get a Sprint model, or when they are in stock, you can purchase a "SIM-free" model not "connected" to any other carrier. They can do this because they are a CDMA carrier and don't have the FCC restrictions that Verizon does.

All LTE models will work with T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon SIM cards.

Correct! I am typing from an AT&T iPad Air on T-Mobile. I did not have to unlock it I just popped a SIM in. I was also told it would work on Verizon, but T-Mobile had much better rates. And I too was told Sprint would NOT allow it on their network.

str8bucs

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPad Mini Retina 16GB AT&T LTE Space Gray

Correct! I am typing from an AT&T iPad Air on T-Mobile. I did not have to unlock it I just popped a SIM in. I was also told it would work on Verizon, but T-Mobile had much better rates. And I too was told Sprint would NOT allow it on their network.

Thanks for that clarification!!!

- - - Updated - - -

AT&T Galaxy Note 2?

Posted via Android Central App

You got any pics?

rav813

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

IMG_20140602_021603.jpg

IMG_20140602_021623.jpg

IMG_20140602_021631.jpg

IMG_20140602_021739.jpg

Includes: box, charger, 2 flip cases (orange and white), and extra battery

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, I found a slightly better deal - my friend was able to get the employee discount.....

Status
Not open for further replies.