Just joined the club..

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually upgraded(I can say that now) from my N20U. I wanted this device since announced, but held off for a while. I'm glad I did, as the bugs others saw and experienced, I have luckily not seen on my unit.

I'm breaking in the battery, along with waiting for my skin and pen. Additionally, just learning the new device, and setting it up, is massively different(as I'm learning), from the Samsung ecosystem. It's funny how 10 years of notes spoil you.

But I'm grateful to be able to move on, to the next evolution in mobile devices..

Chuffed

Mar 8, 2021
Visit site
Grats on the purchase 8). I like their approach on foldable devices (not a fan of folding the actual screen that other companies are going with), I've been watching this one too and like what Microsoft is doing with it - hope it treats you well!

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. It's slowly turning out to be good with the battery life. I have 5 hrs SOT for today, with juice left to spare. Also grabbed a pen and a sophi skin that I need to put on.

I like the "idea" of a foldable screen, but, so far, I haven't seen what I'd consider it to be tough enough fire my day to day use. With the folks coming with a pen this year, maybe it will take that leap. But for now, I'm enjoying the life out of this little device.

As crazy as it sounds, as far as actual performance, it's much more snappy than my N20U was. Actually quite shocking. Even with last year's processor and less ram, everything is light and spry. Now, hopefully they'll update it to 11, and that will be a good upgrade. But it's a nice little device for sure. Very, very underrated...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty awesome! Glad that you are enjoying your new device! The Surface Duo definitely looks intriguing and even reminds me of the Scrolls from RWBY - which is a plus!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I think the duo looks stunning. The design really fits in with Microsoft's surface design language and it is so slim. I rely too heavily on my cameras to cope with the one on that device but for productivity it must be a beast. I am glad they have worked the links out of the OS and you are having a good experience with it. Congrats

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the duo looks stunning. The design really fits in with Microsoft's surface design language and it is so slim. I rely too heavily on my cameras to cope with the one on that device but for productivity it must be a beast. I am glad they have worked the links out of the OS and you are having a good experience with it. Congrats
You know, that's the thing.. I have always, until this year thought of myself as a person who takes pictures. That was until my wife chirped in and said "you don't take pictures dude, you take tons of screen grabs". And it made me think and look through my gallery. And there it was.. But it seems like I'm rare in that aspect. But....

After playing around with the camera, I learned a few things.. It takes a while to focus compared to say, the notes. Note, Samsung and most other users don't want to deal it this because you need to really manually focus it. But I've dealt with these phones before the cameras were good, so it's just a habit to manually focus.

But I like it very much. It's very, very different. I wish the bezels were smaller, for more screen (yes I'm greedy with that) because I'm this sized device you could probably get close to a 10" screen with small bezels. Maybe on the next one.

But it's very cool indeed. Just learning the ins and outs of it. But as far as the early issues, I can't say on my device at least there are many, except maybe one, being the orientations can get kind of weird when your flipping and opening the device. But I solved that mostly by turning auto rotation off until I really need it..

fgol

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in too! I've been waiting for this since the announcement and was initially turned off by the price. I miss a lot of things (SD card!) but the device is very well implemented. I struggled with LG's dual screen and the Duo does it extremely well. Screen's themselves are stunningly crisp. It's not quite future-proof but I tend to upgrade phones rapidly so I'm not concerned about that.

Now to find the right belt case for it....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non