[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I do miss not having a ca custom rom. The only thing about that I don't miss is for some reason the gps on gingerbread stock or ics stopped working after a custom rom (I'm talking about location lock) only reason I changed phones is because the quattrimus rom went dead. One small problem I'm having with this phone though, also my reason for rooting, is the ram. This phone uses a lot of ram. Deleting some bloatware helped but it is still using a lot of ram. Hopefully there will be some help on this soon

Sent from my C5155 using Android Central Forums

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I do miss not having a ca custom rom. The only thing about that I don't miss is for some reason the gps on gingerbread stock or ics stopped working after a custom rom (I'm talking about location lock) only reason I changed phones is because the quattrimus rom went dead. One small problem I'm having with this phone though, also my reason for rooting, is the ram. This phone uses a lot of ram. Deleting some bloatware helped but it is still using a lot of ram. Hopefully there will be some help on this soon

There is a little help at Android Forums.
The Porting Clockwork mod to rise is very help full there.
Some one pushed Kyocera to consider releasing how to unlocked the bootloader. I'll posts a link.
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5472014
Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

bmxstud

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

This phone is terrible with ram. Its the slowest smart phone i used so far. If you find a way to make it better please let us know. My apps say we only have 384mb of ram.. while i thought it was 512mb.. but if its really 384mb then i see why its slow.

WilsonWrestler

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
i got to the daemon successfully part and i waited but nothing happened. then i unplugged the phone and tried again but it just keeps saying that i have to plug it in when its already in. what do i do?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Try a different USB port, and try running the script as an Administrator by right clicking on it and choosing 'Run as administrator'

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)

WilsonWrestler

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
ive tried every port on my computer and like 3 different cords and it just wont show my phone connected to the computer. it just tells me that its still checking for it.

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the drivers installed correctly and successfully?

Like zack said make sure u have the correct drivers. Its listed as the sprint rise. That had me baffled tto until I researched the phones drivers. With the correct drivers it should be as easy as 123

sly51386

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
did all that u said. and when i run the zip it say this

Normal Mode enabled!

The system cannot find the path specified.
Pushing busybox....
Pushing su binary ....
Pushing Superuser app
Making busybox runable ...
Please look at your device and click RESTORE!
If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.
Running ...
Successful, going to reboot your device in 10 seconds!
Waiting for device to show up again....
Going to copy files to it's place
You can close all open command-prompts now!
After reboot all is done! Have fun!
Bin4ry
Press any key to continue . . .

and the phone dose nothing. any help????

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems like you missed the step where the steps told you where to place the files. Put them in the folder "c:\rise" and try again.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Josh Fraijo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
So I downloaded the files, but when I go to unzip and extract the files, it says that the files are password protected and I cannot open them without it. Any help? I am using Windows 7, so it cannot be my computer settings.

Josh Fraijo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Also, I did this with another computer when I was at college yesterday. I downloaded it and it worked, except that when I went to plug in my phone, all it says is "configuring options... you can now plug in your phone with usb debugging mode enabled now" and it stays there. My phone does nothing other than ask me to either charge it, use it as a storage device for a computer, or use it as a media transfer device for a computer.

P.S. that message appeared before I plugged my phone in.

Last edited:

Josh Fraijo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Never mind. I was doing it wrong. I downloaded the drivers but did not install them. Actually, I was only able to download one of the drivers. I know a computer that will allow me to download both of them. If i was to download the other driver and root it to my phone (the phone is already rooted using the instructions at the beginning of the first thread), would it work, or would it just leave me with a paper weight?

zatioichi

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate being "that" user but is it possible to get a guide or something for those of us that lost root when we updated Superuser? I miss being rooted:banghead:

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I hate being "that" user but is it possible to get a guide or something for those of us that lost root when we updated Superuser? I miss being rooted:banghead:

If you lost root by updating the su binary (like I did) try to do this guide. I did with out having to delete any files or any other step. I just followed it like I did the first time and got my root back.

zatioichi

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you lost root by updating the su binary (like I did) try to do this guide. I did with out having to delete any files or any other step. I just followed it like I did the first time and got my root back.

Really? Does everything seem to running smoothly? Also did you uninstill any apps or anything or did you just redo the rooting process?

l337n1nj4

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
OK, pretty new to rooting here, so excuse the load of n00b that's about to hit this thread.

So, downloaded the root zip, unzipped it to desktop (I couldn't find the C:\rise as you recommended?), downloaded and installed the drivers, ran the root, phone rebooted but nothing.

Any suggestions?