App removal/hiding?

peasdad

May 9, 2011
Visit site
New to the whole android thing. Just ditched the BB for the commando. My husband also got the same phone. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to get rid of some of the useless crap on the phone - nfl mobile, vcast stuff..... I can't figure out how to delete or hide it. There are far too many icons for my taste.

Dpsammy

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Nery, I am new to android too. My Commando will be delivered today. Unfortunately, from what I have read on these forums, you cannot remove the "bloatware" from Verizon unless you root the phone. There are people here that can probably tell you how to do that. It may void the warranty on your phone. Basically it unlocks the phone so you can remove those apps that have been permanently installed.

Other than that, how do you like the phone?

peasdad

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Its not too bad. A ton faster than my ancient BB curve. Still working on figuring things out that were SOOOO simple with my bb.

koolshaggy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You can use the Super One Click Root program, and then use Root Explorer or a similar program to delete the apps. It is very easy, even a caveman could do it.

Dpsammy

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You can use the Super One Click Root program, and then use Root Explorer or a similar program to delete the apps. It is very easy, even a caveman could do it.

Uh, wondering if a caveman will be smarter than me!

I have been playing with my phone for a few days now. I pulled all the stuff off the home screen, and have downloaded a couple apps. I assigned Google Maps to my tactic button, and added a live wallpaper (watching the battery usage with it running). I have gone in and closed a few apps that were running in the background, shut off some notification pushes, etc. I am new to android, so I am a little hesitant to root the phone before I fully understand the ramifications.

Still haven't figured how to install things to the SD card, but I want to upgrade to a 16 gig card. I was thinking of going to 32 gig, but those are pretty pricey.

Really enjoying the phone. The GPS is very accurate, which is important to me.

I have been reading the forums on the best apps to install. I want something that will shut off the power robbing apps running in the background. Not sure yet which ones I should/should not stop. I have turned off push notifications to my email, since I get them constantly, and none can't wait for me to look at them later. All I really want now is the notification for text messages and voicemail.

This phone rocks! Super tough.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Where can I find this application? I just looked for it on the Android Market and it did not come up. I would love to get rid of same of the pre-loaded crap that is on the phone that I will never use.

pesty3782

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well this is the phone I want to get in a few weeks when the upgrade is due. amazon has them for about $90.00. I too want to learn how to use an android phone first one I will have.

Tony P.

callmecolt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had my phone for 3 days and I have learned quite a bit. But like with my BlackBerry, you always seem to learn a new tip or trick no matter how long you use a phone. Good choice! This phone is great!