I have no clue what tablet to get

MF4L41

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking over tablets for several weeks now, I'm pretty well educated when it comes to devices, I work with cell phones and tablets, I sell them everyday, but I cant sell my self. Right now, nothing seems to stand out from the rest, I've had the iPad, I've had the Galaxy Tab, I jus wasn't satisfied. The iPad was cool, and is obviously the most popular, but I've had the iPhone for several years and the iPod as well. The Galaxy tablet was a big let down, maybe it was to similar to my Galaxy S.? At one point all of my devices were Apple, I currently own an iMac, and iPod, and a MacBook Pro, but I've learned recently I never use these devices for which there actually known for, creativity, and all that ish. I kind of jus surf the net, as for my tablet, I jus want something I can take to school, I really dont need my Apple products, and I'm thinking of selling them for a basic Windows computer, of course I'll the change the OS, but Windows will do the job, lately I've been looking at Lenovo, I like their products, they seem to be the only company outside of Apple that focuses on design, their all in one computer is nice, as well as their IdeaPad. The last couple of days this is the one I've been leaning towards, it seems pretty solid, but being their first Android Tablet I'm skeptical, then I think about it and I'll prob use the Tablet for minimum projects, maybe it doesn't matter which one I get, any help would be appreciated, I jus want something that runs smooth, is fast and is capable of keeping that performance over a period of time, sorry for the rant... thanks.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your wants.

The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a really slick tablet with a killer display. On the other hand I have nothing but respect for Lenovo and want to see their entries, especially the ThinkPad tablet.

dberlin

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think you don't need a tablet. Two reasons.
One:
I jus want something I can take to school
I can take better notes on my phone than I can on any tablet currently out there. You need physical keys for good note taking, if I might say, and, if you want it just to fool around in class, then, again, your phone is probably a better bet :)
Reason two:
I've had the iPad, I've had the Galaxy Tab, I jus wasn't satisfied.
I don't think it's a matter of which tablet you get, for the most part they're all the same. There hasn't been a tablet yet, to be quite honest, that I've really liked. They're part clunky phone and part crappy computer yet they don't accomplish either identity masterfully.

That all being said, if you're still convinced you do need a tablet for some reason, I've got two suggestions to at least consider, though take them with a grain of salt--I don't own either.
The first suggestion: The PlayBook, the new BlackBerry tablet. Why? From my perspective, the interface looks nice. It has a similar look and feel to the Pre which I have only just switched from and had rather loved. From your perspective, it is a departure from the same old, same old in tablets which seems to be a selling point for you. Still, it's gotten mixed reviews from "best tablet ever" to "pure rubbish". You can research that more if you so wish.
My second suggestion: Look into a cheap Chinese android tablet. It'll have notably horrible hardware, but for a hundred bucks, I don't think it's a bad deal. Considering that tablets aren't that different from one to another, perhaps you'd feel you made the right choice if you got "just another tablet," but for a fraction of the price :)

Once again, my best recommendation is to simply not get one, your money is better spent elsewhere in my opinion. But if you still have the urge, I wish you only the best of luck :)

MF4L41

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the ThinkPad too, being that Im buying this mainly for school I was really impressed wit the idea of heaving both touch, and/or using the pen. Thickness bothers me, I think the main problem is with Android tablets is that every week they come out with a new one, very hard to maintain any resell value when a new model comes out.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yup the ThinkPad looks nice and being Lenovo the build quality will be there too.

That said I also am tempted to wait for Kal-El, as a major issue so far has been that Tegra 2 is just not as powerful as NVidia led the OEMs to believe.

MF4L41

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Decided to get the thinkpad, jus think the overall features suit me more, as I'm going to be using it mainly for school... Thanks alot for the opinions guy, maybe we can turn this thread to a ThinkPad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeansonhacks