Another "Need help" thread: SD card reader and Stylus?

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So as the title suggests, I'm looking to get a Tablet sometime in the next few weeks. My wife got a free iPad2 and after playing around with it, I realized that I could use a tablet for most of my typical computer usage:

Manga, Streaming video, music, browsing, forums, reading... all things a tablet is good for.

So here's what I'm looking for
  • Screen: 10"+, 720p or better video playback
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi (g/n), Bluetooth
  • Memory: 32GB, external SD or microSD
  • Cameras: Front - 1+MP, Rear 3+MP

It also has to have some aftermarket accessories like a keyboard dock.

So I think that list includes the Lenovo IdeaPad, Acer Iconia, Toshiba Thrive, and Asus Transformer. Did I miss any? The comparison table here says the Xoom has a microSD reader, but I can't find it on their product page.

The other question is what if I'd like to take hand written notes on the tablet? Are there aftermarket options h/w and or apps that would let me do that with most any tablet, or does that limit me to tablets made for a stylus?

Any recommendations/thoughts?

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I did a bit more digging and it looks like the Xoom does in fact have a microSD slot. I think I've narrowed my choices down to the Iconia, Xoom, and Transformer. Any major advantages of one over the other? Which one performs better and with the least lag?

Also, I do a good bit of work in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and these files are saved on my NAS. Are these tablets all the same in how they connect to network drives and file management/file transfers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch