Buying an Android Tablet tomorrow. Need advice please!

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So I'm most likely going to buy a Nexus 7 16GB $249.99 at Walmart. Luckily my local store has a very limited stock, but it is there.

I believe I'm okay with a 7" screen, but very curious to see what others think of the size?

I also am very interested in Samsung tablets. Specifically the 10.1, and 8.9. however, I am very interested in unlocking the boot loader and using roms. This is why I'm so attracted to the nexus.

I really do not know much about the Samsung tablets so any input would be much appreciated. Things like bootloader, roms available, especially jellybean roms? What is latest model available and how does it compare to older models that I may be able to buy cheaper?

Thanks for any information, it's much appreciated!

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I don't own either the nexus it the Samsung but if you get the nexus you won't have to worry about flashing jelly bean

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Tommy_fuego

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey man, sorry no one replied to you! I have had the Nexus 7 for several weeks now and it is awesome. At the $200-250 price point it's simply the best out there. I have been an ardent iPad user since its first gen, and I have to say, the Nexus 7 honestly gives it a run for its money. The Tegra processor combined with Jelly Bean make it run so smooth. I also really enjoy the 7" form factor...its a nice break from the larger iPad screen. It short, buy the Nexus. You won't be disappointed!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't already have an Asus transformer, I'd grab that nexus 7 in a second. They made the right call going with Asus for this tablet, in my opinion.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have hear dgood things on the Samsung tablets but I think they are slow to provide updates. Not sure what the root community looks like. If you are looking at a 10" tablet, I would highly recommend the TF700 but if the price point is too much, the TF300 is almost as nice. For price and features though, I am not sure you can beat the Nexus 7 16GB. I think 16GB is a little on the low end for memory (I had a 16GB TF101 and was always running out of space) but for $250... awesome. The size is excellent too. Great for games, good for surfing and fits in a pocket, albeit a bigger pocket! Good luck and let us know what you get!

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
There is no other option but the Nexus 7. It has the fastest version of Android yet, Jelly Bean. It also has the impressive Tegra 3 Quad Core processor, and a fairly high tablet resolution with 1280 by 800. Plus the $199-249 value is unbeatable

No tablet at walmart comes close to it. The Galaxy Tabs are all over priced and under performing, the fire is a joke next to the Nexus. THe only half way suitable alternatives are bigger MUCH more expensive tablets. Those being the iPad or ASUS Transformer Pad or Infinity.

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone..Looks like Nexus is my new tablet!

Anyone know if I will still receive the $25 credit if I purchase outside of the google play store?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The n7 tablet is def the way to go. Hands down. Didn't know Walmart was carrying them now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
N7 all the way best tablet no questions. And it will be keept updated:D

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall