Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 - compatible keyboard

Dominicus Saxon

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a Lenovo IdeaTab S6000, the 10.1" one. What I'd like is to get a nice case with a built in keyboard for it but not sure which one is compatible. The Lenovo IdeaTab is an Android Jellybean device.

I found a couple of different keyboard cases but I have no idea if they will work with the Lenovo IdeaTab or not.

Kensington® KeyFolio™ Pro 2 Universal Keyboard and Case For 10" Tablets, Black | Staples®

and

Kensington® KeyFolio™ Expert Folio and Keyboard Case For Tablet PC, Black | Staples®

or even this

Belkin™ Keyboard/Cover Case For 10.1" Tablet PC | Staples®

They say they are compatible with tablets like the Surface or Galaxy Tab, etc , but does that mean it will work with other Android tablets ? Will the case give me access to the power button and other ports or will I have to take it out of the case every time I want to plug it in to something (computer, ac charger, etc) ?

And will one made for an ipad work ? I don't think it would because it's for an IOS and the Lenovo is an Android, but again, I'm a complete luddite when it comes to technology.

Kensington® KeyFolio™ Pro 2 Removable Keyboard Case For iPad 2/3/4, Black | Staples®

Any helpful answers or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to cases, it's always best to find one specifically designed for your device, because every device has its buttons, camera, and slots in different places. A universal case will likely make it more difficult to access these areas, and will likely not hold the device very snugly due to these constraints.

Any Bluetooth keyboard should work with your S6000--at least, the basic keys will. Obviously, the special iOS-specific function keys on keyboards designed for the iPad will be useless for you. But my wife has used my Acer BT keyboard (designed for Android devices) on her iPad Mini without any difficulty.

Dominicus Saxon

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, I actually found a nice leather case on Amazon made specifically for the S6000. The problem with the tablet is that yes, it is technically a 10.1", but it's not shaped the same way as other 10.1" tablets are. The Lenovo one is a bit longer and a bit shorter in height (landscape dimensions are 10.25" x 7").

Good to know about the Bluetooth keyboard. I did find one at a local store where the case actually fits this tablet but to hold the tablet it, it has those stupid elastic straps that go over the corners. I hate those. So yeah, if I get a keyboard for it, I'll just get a regular Bluetooth keyboard with it's own case. True, something extra to pack around but I don't plan on using it very often at all so I can just leave it at home most the time.

Thanks again for the reply :)