Can someone help with a Rooted LG Volt?

A

AC Question

Ive asked on 2 different sites already and no replies in 24 hours so now I'll try here.

Ok I have an LG Volt thats running Android Kitkat 4.4.2. it has like 4gb of internakl memory and I have a 32gb SD Card in it thats not being utilized. I rooted it because I read with a rooted phone you can move apps to SD Card and clear out bloatware, and I need to make space on my internal memory. I have 1gig of free space left and a game on my phone (that i actually want) is taking up another gig. I want to move that to my SD card but it only moves the app (which is only taking 3mb) it wont move the app data which is taking 1gig. How do I move that data to my Sd card?

Ive tried titanium backup but that doesnt list a move to Sd Card option. Ive tried link2sd, but link 2 SD card is greyd out and it says second partition not found (do i really need to make multiple partition on an SD card to do that? Why not just use the free space thats on its default partition?) and when I try to move it from my phone to my SD card in that program I get a failure message that says "App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your sd card" and then sometime if I try to link it says something about os emulation.

So what I need is step by step instruction on how to move an app (including its data) from my internal storage to my Sd card on my rooted 4.4.2 lg volt. OR how to upgrade my lg volt from kitkat 4.4.2 to Marshmallow 6.0 without bricking it because I hear Marshmallow allows you to turn your Sd card into internal storage which would give me 32 GB of internal storage instead of 8 thus I can keep all my app in my new "internal storage" and not care. Thank you.

Nya Germany

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can someone help with a how too make my LG Volt work ?

Ive asked on 2 different sites already and no replies in 24 hours so now I'll try here.

Ok I have an LG Volt thats running Android Kitkat 4.4.2. it has like 4gb of internakl memory and I have a 32gb SD Card in it thats not being utilized. I rooted it because I read with a rooted phone you can move apps to SD Card and clear out bloatware, and I need to make space on my internal memory. I have 1gig of free space left and a game on my phone (that i actually want) is taking up another gig. I want to move that to my SD card but it only moves the app (which is only taking 3mb) it wont move the app data which is taking 1gig. How do I move that data to my Sd card?

Ive tried titanium backup but that doesnt list a move to Sd Card option. Ive tried link2sd, but link 2 SD card is greyd out and it says second partition not found (do i really need to make multiple partition on an SD card to do that? Why not just use the free space thats on its default partition?) and when I try to move it from my phone to my SD card in that program I get a failure message that says "App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your sd card" and then sometime if I try to link it says something about os emulation.

So what I need is step by step instruction on how to move an app (including its data) from my internal storage to my Sd card on my rooted 4.4.2 lg volt. OR how to upgrade my lg volt from kitkat 4.4.2 to Marshmallow 6.0 without bricking it because I hear Marshmallow allows you to turn your Sd card into internal storage which would give me 32 GB of internal storage instead of 8 thus I can keep all my app in my new "internal storage" and not care. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress