What happened?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Many of us who pre-ordered using Moto Maker have received messages that our devices will be delivered several weeks late. But the only explanation is a glitch in the ordering/shipping process. I'm sure they won't tell us what actually happened, so I guess we'll never know. It just doesn't say much for your service when Best Buy is delivering a product weeks before the actual manufacturer is able to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem. I ordered mine on September 2, and it is still being built. I received that email mentioning delays in the ordering and shipping processes.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I think they've had to stop building them because of QC issues that need to be fixed. I can't think of any other reason for this massive delay.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think they've had to stop building them because of QC issues that need to be fixed. I can't think of any other reason for this massive delay.

This seems to be the only logical answer. Otherwise, why would you send notices that the device is being built and should be delivered by a certain date? It's not an ordering/shipping problem. How could it be an ordering problem, if the device is being built? You already have the order. And how could it be a shipping problem when you're still building it? It has to be something else they're not telling us. Makes me more than a little skeptical now. If there is a problem, say so. I'll have much more confidence that I'm purchasing the right device. Don't **** in my ear and tell me it's raining.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine is now showing as built and just waiting to be shipped finally. I still have my fingers crossed for my scheduled delivery of this Thursday.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine is now showing as built and just waiting to be shipped finally. I still have my fingers crossed for my scheduled delivery of this Thursday.

Yeah, I got the same notice this morning. We'll see how fast they ship now. Shipping for the Moto XPE only took two days. We still have to wait for a shipping notice and tracking number.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I got the same notice this morning. We'll see how fast they ship now. Shipping for the Moto XPE only took two days. We still have to wait for a shipping notice and tracking number.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, mine is still showing being built

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Meanwhile back at the ranch, mine is still showing being built

When I spoke with Moto customer service last week, the rep looked up my order, then put an expedited shipping on it...for whatever that was worth. We'll see. My amended delivery date is 10/12. I don't have any shipping info yet.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just received notice it's being shipped and to expect delivery on the 12th. When I got to FedEx and track from there it says delivery the 7th by end of day. Not sure which one to expect since its coming from China, obviously hoping for Wednesday.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just received notice it's being shipped and to expect delivery on the 12th. When I got to FedEx and track from there it says delivery the 7th by end of day. Not sure which one to expect since its coming from China, obviously hoping for Wednesday.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

The date on the notification from Moto is the projected delivery date on the delay notice they sent you. Use the FedEx tracking number for the actual delivery date. Your date will be 10/7, which is extremely accurate. FedEx is excellent at meeting their delivery dates. I found that out with my Moto XPE, which I received 3 days before Moto's projected date.

BTW, my delivery date from FedEx is 10/8.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Looks like yours will be delivered on time (according to your other post, 10/7). Mine is scheduled for 10/8 delivery, which is four days early. I'll miss the network connectivity of my Gear S, but what the heck.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Received shipping notice tonight. Mine has shipped and will be delivered on Thursday, 10/8, four days earlier than the 10/12 projected delivery date.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Here we go again!!!!!

My package gets all the way to Memphis (via FedEx International), and now a I get a notice on the tracking that there's a shipping delay.

Shipment documentation indicates value discrepancy. Correct value of shipment is required.
Recommended action:
Shipper or Importer must confirm or verify value of goods.

This whole thing has become a cluster [language removed by mod]. I'm gonna call Moto and see just what's going on. These delays are killing me. Did anyone else get this notice?

Addendum: Called Moto and they told me this issue is being resolved, and that shipments should still be delivered according to FedEx scheduled delivery date...or with no more than a 24hr. delay. Yeah, right. I was told it appears to be a problem with invoices, which have been released now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Did you receive a notice that your shipment is having a "Clearance delay"? I just received that notice this morning and started a new thread about it..."Here we go again." I posted what I was told by Moto.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you receive a notice that your shipment is having a "Clearance delay"? I just received that notice this morning and started a new thread about it..."Here we go again." I posted what I was told by Moto.

Yes I checked my shipment first thing this morning and that's exactly what I seen, hoping thet cleared right after and it'll show a change once the package hits my local FedEx tonight.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Here we go again!!!!!

Same message here just hoping I still get it tomorrow. Even if it doesn't make it in the morning (estimated 10:30 am delivery) no biggie for me since I won't be home from work later that evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles