Messenger Apps for Moto X and the Samsung Note 3 that work with the Moto 360

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
This is a weird question but a logical one.

I currently have a Note 3 and will upgrade to the Moto X next month. I had the Moto 360 and Note 3 and had some compatibility issues with stock Samsung app and the Note 3. I tried Go Pro SMS but, that had issues when I got a group text or a text from an IPhone user. I tried the Hangout messaging app but got no notifications. So, what messaging app worked the best with the Moto 360 and the Note 3?

Also, what app worked the best with the Moto X and the Moto 360? How was the app with group texts and/or IPhone users?

Thanks

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a Note 3 (Verizon) and I have no issues with using the stock messaging app and the 360. I don't get too many group messages or SMS's, so maybe that's why.

Antony Cha

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I use Textra (Nexus 5 & Moto360) Works great and is a simple easy to use and well updated text app. Moto360 receives and sends without issue.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and had a problem with the stock msg app too. When I rec'd sms or mms when in vibrate mode it would NOT vibrate & notify my 360 watch.The watch will Vibrate & Notify when have my phone set to silent or sound. I prefer to keep my phone on vibrate so I miss my notifications for text and mms.

I tried numerous apps and handcent & 8sms worked for me. I decided on the 8sms because of the design was minimal.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I use hangouts on moto x G1 with moto 360... no problems. I even have a few group chats with iOS freaks and it works fine

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a note 3 and it worked fine with hangouts but just before upgrading to the note 4 I tried textra which works great on its the note 3 and note 4. Sends and receives just fine on the 360 and the the contact pics show up as well.

Posted via the Android Central App