Metal or Leather

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Have one of the $50 promotion codes but can't make up my mind which to get. Which does everyone prefer?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't go wrong with either haha

But if you're mostly in 'business-like' environments, I'd go for the metal band. The leather one looks good and has a better fit on your wrist, but this is leather, which means it needs maintenance if you want to avoid odors getting stuck in there and avoid getting it wet as much as you can (plus, scratches might show up more easily if you get a dark one). The metal one is a bit heavier and might not feel as much of a perfect fit for everyone, but it does look classier, it's sturdier, and keeping it clean and odorless is a lot easier than leather. Also, not as easy to scratch, and if it does, it's usually not as visible.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You can't go wrong with either haha

But if you're mostly in 'business-like' environments, I'd go for the metal band. The leather one looks good and has a better fit on your wrist, but this is leather, which means it needs maintenance if you want to avoid odors getting stuck in there and avoid getting it wet as much as you can (plus, scratches might show up more easily if you get a dark one). The metal one is a bit heavier and might not feel as much of a perfect fit for everyone, but it does look classier, it's sturdier, and keeping it clean and odorless is a lot easier than leather. Also, not as easy to scratch, and if it does, it's usually not as visible.

A lot of good points. Thank you

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have metal and 2 different leather bands and use the metal most of the time. Besides the good points already mentioned, you may have read about issues with the back of the watch cracking for some people. I think the design of the metal band makes it less likely for this to happen.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Can confirm ET's statements. I had the leather band, never worn too tight, and 2 watch backs cracked on me. I got my replacement with a metal band and good to go. I like the ability to adjust the tightness of the band better with the leather, since I am between two links on the metal, but, for the trade-off of not cracking a back, worth the metal.

Cheers!

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can confirm ET's statements. I had the leather band, never worn too tight, and 2 watch backs cracked on me. I got my replacement with a metal band and good to go. I like the ability to adjust the tightness of the band better with the leather, since I am between two links on the metal, but, for the trade-off of not cracking a back, worth the metal.

Cheers!

Definitely something to think about. I've had my leather less than a month and the back is already starting to crack

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
As info, I bought mine originally with the metal band and when switching between it and the leather one., I noticed one of the two little black plastic spacers had cracked . I contacted Moto customer service and they sent me a new pair for free. The new ones were redesigned slightly and work better than the original ones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty