Bluetooth range

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the Asus Zen watch and one of the things I've noticed is that the Bluetooth range is horrible. If I go into the next room it drops the connection if I walk about 10 feet away from my phone it drops the connection. Is the moto 360 Bluetooth any better? Now that it's on sale for $150 it might be a good investment if it is.

Ozman44

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the Asus Zen watch and one of the things I've noticed is that the Bluetooth range is horrible. If I go into the next room it drops the connection if I walk about 10 feet away from my phone it drops the connection. Is the moto 360 Bluetooth any better? Now that it's on sale for $150 it might be a good investment if it is.

I had a zenwatch and currently have the 360, the wifi range seemed to be about equal. The biggest benefit of going to the 360 is going to be the wifi support. When it roles out.

Posted via the Android Central App

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I had a zenwatch and currently have the 360, the wifi range seemed to be about equal. The biggest benefit of going to the 360 is going to be the wifi support. When it roles out.

That is nice, bit the next gen of android wear will be out by then. Hoping zen watch 2 had Wi-Fi and a real hrm.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I get about 30 feet away or so depending on what's in between me and the watch

Wonder why the range is so bad? My msft band let's me wonder around the house sending me alerts no matter where my phone is. If I leave the room with zen watch it disconnects. Reconnection is quick, so it's not a big deal, but when I had a windows phone I could reply to a text from the bedroom if my phone was in my office. This one keeps me so close to my phone it kind defeats the point of a wearable. Hopefully this is corrected in wear gen 2.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why the range is so bad?
A wearable Bluetooth device is limited to 1mw output, and the nominal range is 3 feet in clear air. Anything more than that is a bonus. (If the phone is in your right front pocket and the watch is on your left wrist, at your left hip, your body might be absorbing too much of the signal for it to work.) The spec is really designed for an earset on the same side of the body that the phone is on. (It's scientific nonsense, but a lot of people are concerned about the "radiation" from things like Bluetooth [as if the radiation from 10mw of Bluetooth and the radiation from 10 pounds of U235 were the same thing], so the power is deliberately kept down to quiet the fears.)

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I work at a car dealership and use my Moto for everything. I can have my phone in office and access it on the lot outside. There is a huge window and not much blocking. I would say 50ft. It vibrates once out of range and also once returning in range.

When I go back to the shop I walk half the distance and disconnect. I'm very satisfied. Our dealership is 14,000sqft so it's large and I usually don't try to wander away from my phone for too long.

M8/360