Battery drain with Galaxy S5 / marshmellow

ASprintGuy

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Moto 360 paired with my Galaxy S5 for over a year now with good success. Within the last few weeks I got Marshmellow installled on my S5 and my Moto 360 within a few days just started some terrible battery drain, to the point that it has not chance at all of lasting the day (previously it could make it almost 2 days if I forgot to plug in my charger overnight). At times it would also drain my phone battery down pretty good too.

Looking on my phone it shows all kinds of bluetooth communication going on. I've reset the watch a couple of times. I've completely removed android wear from my phone and let it run with bluetooth on for a couple of days without any problems so I know it is something watch related. I don't use any of the fitness apps / settings (I turn off both moto body and google fit), I mainly use it as a watch and notifications display. I'm just using the stock dials face with no weather or steps display.

Right now the only way I can get my watch to survive the day is to turn off bluetooth on my phone for a good portion of it, defeating the purpose of the watch for the most part.

I suspect some app somewhere is running a mess but I'm not sure what app it could be. Any ideas on the best ways to figure out who is doing all the bluetooth communication?

Thanks!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
HI

My hunch is that MM caused your issues. There are two things you can do, hopefully the first one works.

1. Enter Recovery and Wipe Cache Partition. No Data Loss Will Occur.
2. Do Full Factory Reset of Device ALL DATA LOSS, PHONE AS NEW. This is my preferred method, after any major update.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87